Yaris Service

neilto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 Estate Sport 2007, 1976 Alfa Spider, 2001 Landcruiser, 2013 BMW M135i, Fiat Ducato Motorhome
On Saturday I decided to give the Yaris a service and clean up as I have taken it back from 3 NOT careful owners - my kids.
Its done just over 100K in 7 years, every body panel is damaged, all under body plastic and wheel arch plastic panels are missing, all alloys are scuffed and the interior was a health hazard to enter.
Never the less I set about it on Sat and after a days work its looking better certainly on the inside and running better to. I needed to try 3 socket sets before I could get a socket to get the plugs out - all three of them! I'd show a picture of the work in progress but as I'm bobbing around on the Pentland Firth at the moment the Ferry internet doesn't seem to have the bandwidth to cope with that.

Anyway I used it to drive up to Scrabster on Sun saving the Merc for longer journeys with more passengers. Funny thing is that I did the journey in virtually the same time as the Merc (slower up the hills for sure) and there was virtually no traffic to overtake. MPG av was 56 and with cheaper petrol of course. Best I've managed in the Merc was 43 but usually 40.

Was driven by my son on the same journey in Fiesta and he managed 37mpg but his philosophy for driving is to accelerate as fast as possible to the next heavy braking point no matter what I try to teach - ah well. Journey time virtually identical.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Was driven by my son on the same journey in Fiesta and he managed 37mpg but his philosophy for driving is to accelerate as fast as possible to the next heavy braking point no matter what I try to teach - ah well. Journey time virtually identical.

its psychologically quicker though. and a hell of a lot more fun!!

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
its psychologically quicker though. and a hell of a lot more fun!!

It´s psychologically slower because you spend more time stopped which is frustrating. As soon as I´m moving (even in first gear in idle) i suddenly feel a whole lot better than stuck there foot on brake!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
It´s psychologically slower because you spend more time stopped which is frustrating. As soon as I´m moving (even in first gear in idle) i suddenly feel a whole lot better than stuck there foot on brake!

i must be lucky then as 99% of the time my car is stationary, im not in it!

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom