Yellow Light on DASH for Emissions E280Cdi

Dezzie22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E280 Cdi Avantgarde Auto
Recently changed my 2007 E220Cdi for a 2008 '08 E280Cdi. It was traded in by pensioner who had done just 12700 miles in three years. I have done 1400 miles in two weeks since I got the car 31/03/2011. Service needed on time rather than miles came up on day 3 - MB serviced it free. I noticed the new car was sluggish starting sometimes turning over three or four times before it fired up. Last Thursday having driven 40 miles from Preston to Manchester then leaving the car for 15 mins or so, when I started it again it was very sluggish then the yellow emissions dash light stayed on. I called MB and booked it in the next day but after two or three more starts through the day the light went off and the handbook says if this happens, it's nothing to be concerned about. Being busy, I cancelled the trip to the dealer. It has started cleanly since and the light hasn't come on again. I have a 12 month dealer warranty from MB. Should I still take it in now?, would the very low miles by the old owner affect this in that it's a bit clogged-up maybe? Can any of the experts comment please? I've always been helped here before.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
It will have a DPF and is probably clogging due to low mileage, give it a good run not being frightened to drive it to within an inch of its life, should blow it out a bit, if not, a regeneration of the DPF can be carried out via Star

OP
D

Dezzie22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E280 Cdi Avantgarde Auto
I shall give it a 'damned good hiding' then but with the right foot rather than a bush a la Mr Fawlty! Thanks.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom