Yet another dreaded Engine Light thread.

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 Estate 2011, 2009 SLK 200
2005 E200 Estate. Petrol.

I have had an intermittent engine light for a couple of years now. May be on today, go off tomorrow. Come back on in 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months. You never know. I change the MAF around a year ago with one from Mercedes, but not helped. the fault codes are:-
1) Engine control module self adaption of mixture formation. The mixture is too lean in the part of load range (P0172)
2) Engine control module B2/5 (Hot film MAF Sensor) Short circuit to ground/open circuit in wiring (P0102)
3) B2/5 (Hot film MAF Sensor) Plausible error MAF Sensor/Throttle Valve/intake manifold Pressure (P0101)
4) Self adaption of mixture formation at lean stop (Tending of Engine towards rich)
Any help much appreciated.

Used iCarsoft MB V3.0 for Mercedes-Benz/Sprinter/Smart

***I have just found this answer to another thread on another website that this question was asked on.
It is nothing to do with filters or 02 sensors. Its a mixture tolerance issue. So I would be checking what controls that first. 271 engine so the the first part to check is the air pipe underneath the manifold, its probably spilt.

This is also interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSK

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom