young driver insurance

digisatman

Reaction score
My son is going to be 20 years old in january. He passed his driving test 8 months ago. could you tell me any better insurance company which will give me a good deal. He is going to the named driver on my insurance.

colechelle

Resigned
Reaction score
everybody keeps going on about tescos, not tried them myself but theres a lot of merc owners i talk to swear by them!!!!

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
My son is going to be 20 years old in january. He passed his driving test 8 months ago. could you tell me any better insurance company which will give me a good deal. He is going to the named driver on my insurance.

Admiral are good for this scenario.

Try confused.com or any other price comparison website and see what figures out get out. Some insurers (admiral and directline) allow named drivers to earn their own NCB. This will help the lad out enormously and give him an incentive not to prang your car.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Admiral are good for this scenario.

Try confused.com or any other price comparison website and see what figures out get out. Some insurers (admiral and directline) allow named drivers to earn their own NCB. This will help the lad out enormously and give him an incentive not to prang your car.

About price comparison websites. Did you know that when you do a search, EACH insurance company does a credit reference check? This shows up on your credit history, which MAY affect your credit scoring..!!

Something to bear in mind if you are applying for credit (mortgage, car finance etc)

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
About price comparison websites. Did you know that when you do a search, EACH insurance company does a credit reference check? This shows up on your credit history, which MAY affect your credit scoring..!!

Something to bear in mind if you are applying for credit (mortgage, car finance etc)

Never new that, but how would getting car insurance quotes affect my rating? If it was searching for loans fair do, but thanks for the heads up.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Never new that, but how would getting car insurance quotes affect my rating? If it was searching for loans fair do, but thanks for the heads up.

As I said - it MAY affect your credit scoring. It depends on how many 'searches' are undertaken. If you get your credit history from such as Equifax, you will be surprised how much info they hold about an individual. Quite scary really.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

From another forum:

""I've contacted Experian about this and it has replied to say:

"Insurance companies can check your credit reports, with your consent (this will be in the comparsion site terms and conditions). They often do this to check your identity or to check you have no adverse public data such as CCJs or bankruptcies. They can't see your private credit account history though: only you and credit lenders can look at this.

Each time someone accesses your credit report, we keep a record called a search (or footprint), showing when your report was accessed, by whom and why. These searches fall into half a dozen different categories, such as credit application, identity check and quotation search. Only credit application searches are seen by lenders when you apply for credit. All other searches are registered for your benefit only and cannot therefore affect your credit rating.

All searches are deleted after 12 months." ""

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

With my kids, we used an any driver, with young drivers declared, policy with CIS (Co-op). It was recommended to us and many of our friends used them too. The other - not so obvious to other people company - that a few locals used (we live in a rural area) is NFU Mutual Insururance.

However I'm going back a few years, and CIS crept up each year. So we switched to a named driver policy with Liverpool Victoria. I don't think they're the absolute cheapest but they've been good to deal with.

We do live in a very low cost insurance area though - I've recommended these solutions to other people on forums and the quotes have been 3-4x what we're paying.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom