Serious Question

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
To be fair to it that Punto actually looks quite nice and not dated.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I really quite liked them. Styling still works well.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
TBH I think it's rather a generalised sweeping statement.

The W202 C Class is an unloved model & good ones can be bought for peanuts. A low price doesn't necessarily indicate a bad car & paying more doesn't always get you a better car.

I'd take the opinion of an experienced MB indy and think very carefully. Cole gave his opinion and indicated to avoid both at those prices. But Callum is not known for taking good advice and will inevitably buy another heap.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I'd take the opinion of an experienced MB indy and think very carefully. Cole gave his opinion and indicated to avoid both at those prices. But Callum is not known for taking good advice and will inevitably buy another heap.

My apologies. I didn't realise Cole was God.

Wonder what courtesy cars He supplies to His punters. Mine uses mostly W202 C Classes.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
My apologies. I didn't realise Cole was God.

Wonder what courtesy cars He supplies to His punters. Mine uses mostly W202 C Classes.

Resort to sarcasm if it suits you but I'd take the opinion of a respected indy over you any time.

I think MBS also have a W202 courtesy car. It isn't as though either model Callum mentioned is unknown to an indy is it?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Same old pattern - Calum asks a question about a wreck, gets advice, ignores advice, leaves several frustrated members arguing the toss on an ongoing basis.
He asked a question, several answered - why not just leave it at that & move on?

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE ASTRA. I cannot believe that people on here are not concerned for its welfare.

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
He'll never know that joy - they've all rotted away already!
We have one (avatar) and a part from a leaking master cylinder this idiot is trying to replace it's not been a bad car over the last 5 or 6 years. It did require a lower rear spring pan (so I did two) because of rot three years ago.
Certainly has less repair work for rot than my 2004 CLK which has been repaired at least once on the nearside rear wheel arch for rot and now twice on the offside. The latter in the few months I have had it.
My brother had a 2001 CLK cab. In the end that went to the happy scrappy in the sky because its wheel arches were rotted beyond repair (and a few mech/elec faults) that made it just not worth it.
My 1997 Alfa is still going strong. All the myths of Italian reliability and rot just won't die here in the UK when the truth is there are other marques that have been far worse of recent than today's Italian.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I guess Callum is bored, now you lot can provide some entertainment.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
We have one (avatar) and a part from a leaking master cylinder this idiot is trying to replace it's not been a bad car over the last 5 or 6 years. It did require a lower rear spring pan (so I did two) because of rot three years ago.
Certainly has less repair work for rot than my 2004 CLK which has been repaired at least once on the nearside rear wheel arch for rot and now twice on the offside. The latter in the few months I have had it.
My brother had a 2001 CLK cab. In the end that went to the happy scrappy in the sky because its wheel arches were rotted beyond repair (and a few mech/elec faults) that made it just not worth it.
My 1997 Alfa is still going strong. All the myths of Italian reliability and rot just won't die here in the UK when the truth is there are other marques that have been far worse of recent than today's Italian.

I bought a new Alfa in 1985, scrapped due to rust in 1991. I believe you.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom