What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Went to sort rear parking sensors out and failed miserably, seems the actual sensors are working, plugged into his computer which came up with this (I know it's not STAR!!!)

Attachments

• Parking sensors.jpg
    Parking sensors.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Left it with my local dealer (again) :(

Got a phone call last night (17:50) telling me it was ready, apart from one job and I can pick it up if I want then take it back when they have the bits. Couldn't see the point really as it means a cab there, then taking it back and more messing to pick it up again at around a tenner a go. I don't need it this weekend anyway.

I took it in on Wednesday and so far they've done: -

Recall to front struts. Apparently mine are OK and within the correct parameters.
Parking sensors. 2 swapped out and now working fine.
Rear electronic diff. This came up with a warning telling me it was inoperative. Some new bits fitted, not sure what as yet.
Rear wheel centre cap. Mine are the new threaded ones which are a nightmare. N/S/R would never fit back on properly.

The thing which is holding the job up is the wheel centre cap. It will screw on around half way and then seize on the threads before it's fully home. I checked all the threads, which seemed fine, and Mercedes have backed this up though admitted there's a fault with it. It leaves an 8 - 10 mm gap between the cap and the wheel when tight, the only way to sort this is to take it off and try again, up to three or four attempts before it finds the correct position and goes all the way in. Not good when it's late and I'm tired...

Apparently they're waiting for a decision now from Milton Keynes and they want to swap the wheel out with a new one. :shock: Seems a bit drastic to me but if it works I'll be happy with it. All the centres are the same on this particular wheel by the way.

I wouldn't imagine this would affect most owners of these as there's no spare on these cars so no need to remove them really, but mine come off every other time the car is used for cleaning purposes, so I want them to just work.

I'll know more on Monday.

cfwnoltob

Reaction score
Just outside of Luton, which is the best option
Your Mercedes
E320 - 2005 - W211 and the dead E270/2003/w211
Finished replacing front brakes disc and pads on my E320

found the nearside had no wear sensor in it, just 2 broken wires into the connector - should there not have been a warning light or message to show this was a fault?

is there a way to disable the message i.e. pull a fuse and it goes away?

the reason i ask is I've only had the car a few months and working my way through sorting out some issues -

1 - ESP light keeps coming on intermittently - read it could be brake sensors which is one of the reasons i decided to change them - will see if this is resolved as still got the rears to do

2-fuse to front power socket had blown - sorted
3-the multi-cd changer wont open not sure where fuse for this one is
4-satnav never loads - cd in boot seems to work but just get the activation message on the screen
5-cracked rear light cluster need to be replaced

5 is not too big an issue as will swap out of the dead E270 still sat on the drive

3 & 4 are bugging me so any help or pointers to how to check / replace would be appreciated

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The brake wear operates by shorting the two wires in the sensor together when they touch the disk so no you wouldn't get any alerts.
The ESP works in conjunction with ABS sensors not pad sensors so unrelated.
The ESP light will flash when the system detects a difference in wheel speed outside acceptable parameters. Given the state of the roads lately it's not that you're seeing is it?

cfwnoltob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The brake wear operates by shorting the two wires in the sensor together when they touch the disk so no you wouldn't get any alerts.
The ESP works in conjunction with ABS sensors not pad sensors so unrelated.
The ESP light will flash when the system detects a difference in wheel speed outside acceptable parameters. Given the state of the roads lately it's not that you're seeing is it?
Thanks for the reply

re ESP light, no its really intermittent can set off first thing in the morning and it comes on leave it at work all day and its off for the return trip, 2 min trip to the shops and its off - return and it comes on as soon as i set off. thought it might have been battery related so always check the voltage via the 3 pushes on the reset button before starting, drops to about 10/11 volts on start but back to 13.5/14 before i set off - leaving Air con off

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
Sat Nav DVD... is it a genuine disk as copies can be unreliable. I know as I bought one that was advertised as genuine and it turned out to be an unreliable fake. I managed to get a refund and paid out for a genuine one.

cfwnoltob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sat Nav DVD... is it a genuine disk as copies can be unreliable. I know as I bought one that was advertised as genuine and it turned out to be an unreliable fake. I managed to get a refund and paid out for a genuine one.
It appears to be a genuine one-- but as it was in there when I bought it I cant be sure:rolleyes:

would i need to go to the main dealer to find out if the command has been updated and if the disc is correct version?

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
My Comand APS v17.0 2016/17 map disc (the genuine one that I purchased from commandonline.co.uk) included the update software and it was automatically uploaded.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I treated my interior to a full on Gliptone refresh ready for the new owner today. There's a LOT of leather in there! Gummi Pflege on all the rubbers too. Got rid of everything in the boot that I was keeping and also all the cubby holes. Need to punch in the radio code from when the battery was changed last week, vacuum the mats and carpets and clean the windows and that'll be the interior done. Wash and wax on Monday or Tuesday depending on the weather. Service and MOT on Wednesday and if all is OK, good to go for Thursday. :(

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Updated both Vico MF3 dashcams.
Bit of a glitch, one updated from v3.3 to v4.2 but wouldnt take V 4.4.
The other wouldnt take either.
Solved by getting a slow SD HC card. Both updated perfectly.

Finished install
B6346853-E5E0-4462-AA73-2A35B4FA6675.jpeg
If they prove reliable i will swap the suction cups for the much smaller 3M sticky pads.
The mirror covers it perfectly ... if you dip your head you can just see the power light is recording.

The back was difficult ... you cant put it high, as then it must stick on the exposed Antenna tracks and the rear headrests would smash it off ! ( luckily spotted that.)

Too low and the bulge of the rear brake light would inhibit the view.
So its not so covert, but its behind the driver so works for me.
246F9D5F-9D2E-4C13-B379-C9D637D020AC.jpeg
Went for the visible look ... i.e. they know they are being filmed. The best I could do was slot the cable in the rear dash groove ... not ideal but I didnt want to drill the rear shelf.
The misting makes it look worse than in real life.

Love the JuicEbitz heavy duty charger usb cables ... a real bargain st £6.95 delivered. :)
The power core is 20 AWG where most are 28 AWG or 24 AWG. So they can take the 4M runs.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
While the 55 is awaiting its newly refurbished ABC pump to be fitted, the 500 has gone out in sympathy and decided to join it with bringing up an 'ABC Fault visit workshop' :rolleyes:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
While the 55 is awaiting its newly refurbished ABC pump to be fitted, the 500 has gone out in sympathy and decided to join it with bringing up an 'ABC Fault visit workshop' :rolleyes:
Commiserations two hefty bills at once. :(:(:(

Did you go with a MB refurbished pump on the 55?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I treated my interior to a full on Gliptone refresh ready for the new owner today. There's a LOT of leather in there! Gummi Pflege on all the rubbers too. Got rid of everything in the boot that I was keeping and also all the cubby holes. Need to punch in the radio code from when the battery was changed last week, vacuum the mats and carpets and clean the windows and that'll be the interior done. Wash and wax on Monday or Tuesday depending on the weather. Service and MOT on Wednesday and if all is OK, good to go for Thursday. :(
:(

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom