What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm and I shared the penchant for those little bright white lights ha ha ...

Truth be told, it's nearly impossible to match the OEM quality, and I am now moving to 'OEM look, added functionality' approach, so am working on dual function bulbs, which will fit into the existing holders and mounts.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Malcolm had fitted DRLs to my SL which I bought from him David and to be honest that was one of the first things I stripped out , first 2 months 3 sets blew one after the other- drove me nuts![/QUOTE]

Must've been painful... probably wired incorrectly! :)

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
UPS collected the Amplifier at 5.15pm
So I guess BBA Reman will get it on Monday.

Rather nervous ... can they fix it.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I’ve probably got at least another week in hospital, I write this having had my status today reduced from ‘critical’ to a simple cardiac unit patient, the ribs are agony especially when you laugh, cough or worse still hiccup.
I’m hoping the car is a repair proposition, but, no comms yet from Aviva’s people...
Trust me, I was truly blessed here, I should be in much more trouble than I am, so far, may it stay that way!!!
Ok, so an update:
I should be discharged to the ‘mini’ beast from the east, today, exactly two weeks after arriving.
After X Rays, CT Scans, MRI scans and surgery yesterday, I’ve had everything that could help delivered without hesitation and all via the NHS.
I shouldn’t be alive (and wasn’t for a bit!) plain and simple.
I’ve had a ICD (combination of pacemaker and defibrillator) pushed into a space created under the collarbone, it’s connected via a base station to the hospital remotely and sits like a guardian angel ready to save my life should the need arise, even though no scan has revealed precisely what is/was wrong.
My summary:
Don’t take the emergency services, NHS or the people involved for granted, they do a oft’ unknown, unnoticed job at keeping people safe, well and cared for - long hours and poor rewards are common. I’m alive through their dedication.

The car is in a pound as yet unseen, Aviva have yet to call.
I’m not allowed to drive for probably six months...

The consultant told me a couple of pints of the Black Stuff on St Paddies day will be ok.
I’ll raise the first to those that helped me be here and the second to family who have had to endure some horrible sights and information.

Happy Paddy’s day all, go steady! :D

Frosty

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Ok, so an update:
I should be discharged to the ‘mini’ beast from the east, today, exactly two weeks after arriving.
After X Rays, CT Scans, MRI scans and surgery yesterday, I’ve had everything that could help delivered without hesitation and all via the NHS.
I’ve had a ICD (combination of pacemaker and defibrillator) pushed into a space created under the collarbone, it’s connected via a base station to the hospital remotely and sits like a guardian angel ready to save my life should the need arise, even though no scan has revealed precisely what is/was wrong.
My summary:
Don’t take the emergency services, NHS or the people involved for granted, they do a oft’ unknown, unnoticed job at keeping people safe, well and cared for - long hours and poor rewards are common. I’m alive through their dedication.

The consultant told me a couple of pints of the Black Stuff on St Paddies day will be ok.
I’ll raise the first to those that helped me be here and the second to family who have had to endure some horrible sights and information.

Frosty
Well done Frosty.
Good to hear you're going home and are on the mend. As before, take it easy and stay healthy.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Ok, so an update:
My summary:

Frosty
Good news Frosty, take it slow and easy mini beast in full flow here in the East!

Must be a little disconcerting for both you and your family if the root cause has not been found, does the unit on your neck use 4G, I guess you are now the first Android member on here

Wishing you a speedy recovery to full Mercedes driving capability...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I guess you are now the first Android member on here
emoji4.png
Resistance was futile. He's been assimilated. :)

ServerKing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W251 R350 CDI 4Matic
Bought a genuine Merc remote for the TVs at the back, from ebay for £35, no way I was going to pay around £110 or more at the dealer!

New numberplates as previous ones were damaged by water ingress.

I would love to know if AdBlue could be retrofitted to my car as Sadiq Khan says no cars below Euro6 will be allowed into London's Ultra Low Emission Zone from next year... unless you pay extra each day :shock:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Bought a genuine Merc remote for the TVs at the back, from ebay for £35, no way I was going to pay around £110 or more at the dealer!

I would love to know if AdBlue could be retrofitted to my car as Sadiq Khan says no cars below Euro6 will be allowed into London's Ultra Low Emission Zone from next year... unless you pay extra each day :shock:
cheaper to buy a bike pal ;)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
This basically in the snow flakes and flurries
Water filter definetely makes a difference albeit I did towel the Panzer off anyway....

Attachments

• DDF10073-B734-4CDB-9A74-D7E8DAC0943B.jpeg
    DDF10073-B734-4CDB-9A74-D7E8DAC0943B.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 25
  • CA72DBE1-C441-4C2E-9787-43042A8BEF5A.jpeg
    CA72DBE1-C441-4C2E-9787-43042A8BEF5A.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 445E1546-69D2-4DB7-9B3F-EE85117E8FC8.jpeg
    445E1546-69D2-4DB7-9B3F-EE85117E8FC8.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 23
  • D51E713B-07FB-4C86-B1CF-04981C17C5F0.jpeg
    D51E713B-07FB-4C86-B1CF-04981C17C5F0.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 25

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just retrofitting adblue won't make it Euro6.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014

I wonder if that applies to blue badge holders?

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
This basically in the snow flakes and flurries
Water filter definetely makes a difference albeit I did towel the Panzer off anyway....
Superb job on a great looking motor!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Set off at 11 30am for a lunch in Winchester. The snow got very thick in the New Forest, so took the slip road before joining the M27 and returned home. Probably a non event but I didn't fancy getting stuck in snow today. Back home and sporadic snow all afternoon but nothing settling yet.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Drove through a few mini blizzards to Wolverhampton on another furniture run for Mrs LK

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Set off at 11 30am for a lunch in Winchester. The snow got very thick in the New Forest, so took the slip road before joining the M27 and returned home. Probably a non event but I didn't fancy getting stuck in snow today. Back home and sporadic snow all afternoon but nothing settling yet.
Good decision - people were stranded overnight on that section of the A31 last time round!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom