Search results

1. flowrider

R230 SL drivers door mirror glass replacement

I need to replace the drivers door mirror due to the anti glare failing. I have purchased a non anti glare mirror glass off eBay as a replacement but I can't figure out how to get the old mirror glass off. Any help appreciated. Thanks
  2. flowrider

Battery malfunction reset on R230 SL

On Monday I had to charge the consumer battery on my R230 SL500 due to a consumers offline message. Once the battery completed charging I went for a drive and within seconds I had a red battery icon and a visit workshop message. I checked the battery and it was reading 11.7v which I believe...
  3. flowrider

Drivers door mirror glass required

Does anyone know the part number for the drivers side door mirror glass on a 2004 R230 SL. Thanks
  4. flowrider

2004 R230 SL500 dash clock time issue

Last year I noticed that my clock no longer changed from BST to normal time. I thought it might be an issue with picking up the time from the FM radio signal but it never corrected itself. No problem as at least when we get to BST the clock will be correct, or so I thought! Now we are in BST...
  5. flowrider

Silverstone Auctions November 2020

For anyone interested 13th Nov auction results of Mercedes cars..... 2003 SL500 £10,350 1962 300SL £129,375 1993 SL320 £9,000 1989 420SL £97,750 1992 190E 2.5 Cosworth £28,238 1983 280SL £20,700 Details and all other auction results here...
  6. flowrider

Its official, trackers and physical theft deterrents are useless.

Not specifically MB but interesting none the less........My LV renewal is due soon on my Audi S5 and my insurer LV have written to me in advance to warn my that my premium will be increasing due to an increase in S5 thefts over the last 5 years! If they deem it necessary to warn me then I guess...
  7. flowrider

18v impact wrench

I'm looking to buy an 18v impact wrench, what do people recommend is a decent but not overly expensive make.
  8. flowrider

MBEPC issues

Is anyone else having trouble accessing MBEPC? When I select my car and lookup any parts I get a message "uncomment: mysqli_conn line 86".
  9. flowrider

Found an interesting R230 article

Something of interest to R230 SL500 owners........ https://mbworld.org/articles/youtuber-mechanic-scores-deal-r230-auction/
  10. flowrider

Opinions please on CLA45 4matic

I've been thinking about trading my Audi S5 in for a CLA45. Any owners on here like to give me their opinion on owning a baby AMG. Thanks
  11. flowrider

Prestige Motors

Has anyone any experience of Prestige Motors of Hertfordshire based in Letchworth. Considering contacting them re my SL. Thanks
  12. flowrider

R230 SL no central locking

This lockdown is killing my SL! I have another issue today, the central locking has stopped working. The red LED flashes on the keys but the doors and boot don't unlock. I can access the car manually with the key and open the boot with the door switch, the locks all operate from the internal...
  13. flowrider

R230 SL500 AC issues

I need a new AC condensor and drier for my SL. I believe the part numbers are..... Condensor A2205001054 Drier A2208300083 I am looking online for the parts and have found a site that have Hella parts in stock Condenser https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/hella-7617265.html Drier...
  14. flowrider

Now the parking brake has busted.......

Moved the SL today to clean it and when I reapplied the parking brake something broke with a snap! Now the brake doesn't work :(:mad: Another job to speak to my indy about.
  15. flowrider

R230 AC condenser

I need to replace the AC condenser on my 2004 SL500, any recommendations on good makes welcome. Thanks
  16. flowrider

R230 power socket

I want to put a 12v power socket into my SL's glove box so that I can power a DAB receiver, has anyone done this mod and if so any tips? Thanks
  17. flowrider

The automobile is born!

Today January 29th 1886 Carl Benz filed an application in Berlin for a patent on his three-wheeled motor car. This was the birth of the automobile. :D
  18. flowrider

Fancy some AMG steel wheels?

Fancy some lovely AMG steel wheels, this guys got the solution :shock:......
  19. flowrider

SL (R230) headunit replacement.

I'm just looking, again, at replacing the head unit in my 2004 SL500 with an android unit. I have the BOSE upgrade and based on information I have read it appears that the unit in the link below would be a compatible replacement. Has anyone any experience of Seicane? With delivery it will be...
  20. flowrider

5 SLR's in one person's garage!

This is just greedy, 5 SLR's............

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom