cl500

1. C

Rain leaking into my boot cl500

Hi all, So to start off I have 2003 cl500 and since my ownership I have realised that Rain goes into the boot I have always cleaned the areas and it looks like it is coming from the rear tail lights I have removed them and cleaned them, I cleaned the surface area, I then put some silicone it...
  2. C

Cl500 abc problems

Hi guys I'm new to this club, So to get started, bought my cl500 a few months ago knowing it has a rear left hydraulic line leak now after I bought the car it has been sitting on the drive way It was empty on fluid so I decided to test it I filled it up with about 2 to 3 l of chf11s everything...
  3. A

Cl500 key fob issue please help!

So currently I have a key fob that doesn't seem to unlock the car when I press the fob however if I press the keyless button on the passenger door it unlock the car but to lock it I have the press the button on the drivers door..... the start stop button works fine.... I have no idea whats going...
  4. 9

Cl500 w216 rear stop/tail lamp fail.

Hi, I have a waring rear left stop tail light failed. Took it all out to change lamp, then realised its led. All plugs and connectors look OK and pcb looks OK. Are these boards replaceable or repairable? Surely you don't replace the whole tail light to repair. I am a competent electrician and...
  5. C

CL500 216 (2014 model) - Front Suspension Issues

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum and apologies in advance as I'm not technical at all! I managed to smash the front RHS wheel on my CL500 (w216) and cause a bit of damage to the front arm. Ended up being an insurance job and specified that my car goes into Mercedes so that all work is...
  6. I

FIFTH GEAR LOOKING FOR CL500 (2ND / 3RD GEN) OWNERS

Hello Everyone! I am currently working on the returning series of Fifth Gear and we're looking for a CL500 (2nd or 3rd Generation) to feature as part of a consumer segment in one of the episodes. The car would be driven responsibly by one of our presenters on public roads only and, obviously...
  7. R

W216, CL500 Amplifier failure

Hi All, Looking to purchase a 2008 W216 CL500, however the radio amp is cooked and needs replacement. £800 is the replacement cost, so obviously scouting for alternatives other than sendin the unit away for repair. Does the OEM amp do anything more than a similarly sized and rated aftermarket...
  8. R

CL500 Exhaust upgrade?

Good Morning All, i am the very proud owner of a 2002 CL500. Had the car for about 18 months and have recently been wondering if the exhaust can be upgraded, as i don't seem to be getting much "burble" from the V8 engine, even when i put the foot down! I am near Bristol. Is there a standard off...
  9. M

CL500 W215 2004 sidelights can't remove.

Hi, probably an easy one and I'm being useless but how the hell do I remove and replace my side lights on my 2004 W214 CL500? Normally you can just pull or twist, but is there a way of doing it? Is there a clip I'm missing as it's a very tight fit behind the headlights. Thanks.
  10. C

W215 drain box

Well ladies and gents, the car would have had to pick NOW to leak into the passenger footwell. We’re sat in the car park at Folkestone Eurotunnel in a storm... Can someone tell me please how easy it is to get at the drain box to clear it out? I’ve no idea where it is.
  11. rapiscan

CL500 Driver door broken cables

Hi, my CL500 driver door suddenly lost ALL power, no window, mirrors, seat adjust etc... then few hrs later it went ok, then went again and has stayed dead! I suspected the door cables so slit open the sheathes of the 3 trunkings and found about 90% severed!! So I laboriously soldered a couple...
  12. O

2001 CL500 Heater Blower Resistor

Hello, I have recently bought a 2001 CL500 in good condition. None of the fans are working at all. The vendor told me that the heater blower resistor needed replacing and that he had ordered the part and would send it on to me but I doubt that is going to happen. I am having some trouble...
  13. C

Interior items refurbishment

Well I've noticed that the rear seat centre cubby vinyl wrap has become a bit tatty, some nicks on the top edges (child car seat damage). Do any members have recommendations for companies who can strip off the old wrap and refinish? Maybe in black leatherette to match the interior.
  14. C

W215 poor mobile service & quality

Ok chaps, My 215 has a Visseeo MB3000 fitted into the armrest cradle. No problems pairing my iPhone with it.... The problems come when I try to make or receive calls. Network reception in the car is terrible, at best 3 bars and most usually 1 or 2. This is in areas where I'd normally...
  15. G

Cl500 control arm punctured tyre

Hi, Wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 2000 Cl500 W215. On friday i got a puncture in the near side front tyre. Went to change the tyre and it appears that a bolt from the suspension control arm has dug into the tyre and cut through the entire tyre as it has been rotating...
  16. A

Help buying CL 500 W216

Hi guys, I have been reading up loads on this forum regarding the CL 500 I have finally come of my driving ban and my license is clean after 5 years so I can afford the insurance now. My budget is not high I will finance the whole thing £13k. I am considering getting a car now for 2017, the...
  17. S

new to this forum Cl500 owner

Hello, I have been coming to this and other Mercedes forums for about a year now ever since I bought my w215 Cl500 or c215 depending on who you ask. I have benefited so much from them it's now time for me to join in and help. I also am starting to bring the car back to tip top as I bought...
  18. S

new to this forum Cl500 owner

hey everyone I have been using this forum and others to guide me through Cl500 ownership since I bought the car a year ago. now that I have had some time to learn I want to give back to the community that has helped me and after a year of owning this car I have learned some parts are hard to...
  19. Submariner1

CL500 cracked rear screen, would water have got in?

Thinking of buying this 2009 car , do you think water would have got in? All I can do is check if the rear parcel shelf is wet. Any ideas why this would have cracked like this. There is a scratch on the rear bumper about 200mm long looks like another car bumper whacked it lightly, scaped...
  20. C

W215 Cl500 side door opening adjustment

Well, here's something unusual. Side note first- due to its "garage queen" status I've only had the family in the car a few times, most of its driving so far has been me solo. So- last weekend saw us in the car over to visit my folks. On opening the door for SWMBo, 'cos I'm polite like that...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom