Any F1 fans

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Well..... McClaren did! o_O

McLaren have lost the plot, from a Wind Tunnel problem that means they have no idea if any new parts work to serious internal personnel problems they will take years to get back to the top

Mr Hatt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI Sport S211 2009, CLS320cdi Sport C219 2006, CLK320 Cab W209 2005

ardaelius

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 2010 2.1 diesel four door w204 c250 cdi blue eff sport
LH for pole then to finish first in the Russian F1,if it rains even better still, shades of caricarciola from the 30s, AUTO UNION straight rear mounted motors; his nickname the rain maker.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Agreed. Surprised at Toto to be honest - a 40 point lead, Vettel behind LH and not threatening position... Really didn't think that concession was needed.
My thoughts too. Hamilton was clearly uncomfortable on the podium. It was a nice touch that he had Valteri on the top step to receive his trophy and that Hamilton tried to give him the 1st place trophy.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
My thoughts too. Hamilton was clearly uncomfortable on the podium. It was a nice touch that he had Valteri on the top step to receive his trophy and that Hamilton tried to give him the 1st place trophy.

Aye, although I'm never entirely convinced by Hamiltron's sincerity.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
It was predictable and inevitable that the cars would be swapped if the opportunity arose. Only if the mathematics dictated title absolutely safe would that not have happened. Too much at stake to take even the smallest of chances.......Hamilton has not mathematically won the title even now.
My guess is that once the title is beyond doubt, and if the opportunity arises, the team and Hamilton will return the favour.

Mic

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Not a great way to win, and Lewis wasn't happy with the circumstances.
Toto did absolutely the correct thing asking VB to move over. One DNF for LH would give SV a chance to win the title.
Ferrari would have done exactly the same and it wouldn't even be mentioned. Its expected of them.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Not a great way to win, and Lewis wasn't happy with the circumstances.
Toto did absolutely the correct thing asking VB to move over. One DNF for LH would give SV a chance to win the title.
Ferrari would have done exactly the same and it wouldn't even be mentioned. Its expected of them.
It's all for the greater good I suppose, not one driver is bigger than the team.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Vettel: 'I'm clever enough to know it's not getting easier if we lose points.'

This man is a genius!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The thing most of us sometimes forget is that F1 is geared for the constructors title and nothing else.

The drivers title is a by-product to enable the teams to entice the best drivers to them and gain better sponsorship.

Whilst I understand the pain for Valtteri and the ‘uproar’ about it. I agree with what Mercedes did.

They aren’t like Ferrari. Remember last year when they let Hamilton through to catch Vettel, he didn’t so they swapped the place back.

Mercedes now have a two race buffer for Lewis. Valtteri isn’t in the title fight (mathematically yes he still is but it would need Vettel and Hamilton to DNF every race and he win them all). As Toto said afterwards. It’s better for the team and him to be the villain today rather than the idiot come the chequered flag in Abu Dhabi.

Anything can happen in F1 (Mercedes had their first double DNF in 50yrs due to mechanical failure this year as one example) and points in the bag are what they are focusing on.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can anyone tell me how the manufacturers chose which tyres to make available?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Can anyone tell me how the manufacturers chose which tyres to make available?

Pirelli tell then which tyres are available at each race, they know which ones will be suitable based on a balance of wear and grip depending on the particular circuits characteristics

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pirelli tell then which tyres are available at each race, they know which ones will be suitable based on a balance of wear and grip depending on the particular circuits characteristics
Thanks mate, so they have no discussions with the teams? I heard next year theyret going back to soft, mediums and hard

Top Bottom