Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Gina and me are new best friends, she doesn't know it though.

I have little doubt though the constitutional experts such as Rees-Mogg had a wry smile on their faces as she wasted our time and money on her anti-brexit campaigns.

What she should be doing is turning her campaigning zeal towards the EU and making it more attractive for the UK and others to look at joining again in the future.

When the current incarnation topples hopefully a rejuvenated model will emerge that isn't obsessed with building a homogenous superstate.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

When the current incarnation topples hopefully a rejuvenated model will emerge that isn't obsessed with building a homogenous superstate.

Good to see the crystal ball in action again!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

I have little doubt though the constitutional experts such as Rees-Mogg had a wry smile on their faces as she wasted our time and money on her anti-brexit campaigns.

What she should be doing is turning her campaigning zeal towards the EU and making it more attractive for the UK and others to look at joining again in the future.

She did NOT campaign anti-Brexit. She campaigned to ensure that Brexit went through proper parliamentary procedures instead of the 'royal decree' Mayhem wanted to use so that she could do absolutely whatever she wanted. - like a US president. The waste of our time and money was spent by Mrs Mayhem with her ridiculous unneceary appeal, As usual then,the legal eagles got a nice little earner! Still, when she's out of work (fairly soon) they might step up to help her.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
That's one way of looking at it. The other might be that she attempted to frustrate the entire process using whatever legal means she could, and would have been quite happy had she found some way to completely reverse it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Point of order Dave- a US President is more constrained than our PM is. The only difference there is that Obama had managed to politicise the civil service to a suspiciously deep degree, so there was little to no institutional resistance to his changes. Witness that exact same civil service's recent performance & you'll see what I mean.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Point of order Dave- a US President is more constrained than our PM is. The only difference there is that Obama had managed to politicise the civil service to a suspiciously deep degree, so there was little to no institutional resistance to his changes. Witness that exact same civil service's recent performance & you'll see what I mean.
Yes okay... you're right on both points, Craig. But I think you know what I meant - Mayhem repeatedly said something like "I will" - not even "we will" or "I/we will propose" but even PMs don't get absolute rule in UK (yet).

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Speaking as an ex/current Tory voter I wish Cameron had stayed and seen the Brexit process through. Whatever else you might say about him he was a statesman.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Speaking as an ex/current Tory voter I wish Cameron had stayed and seen the Brexit process through. Whatever else you might say about him he was a statesman.

He lost confidence. Politics is an utterly ruthless business.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
He was a lying tosser, his whole career and Premiership was based on lies and half truths.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He was a lying tosser, his whole career and Premiership was based on lies and half truths.
And that is different from any other politician, anywhere, how?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Good to see the crystal ball in action again!
She did NOT campaign anti-Brexit. She campaigned to ensure that Brexit went through proper parliamentary procedures instead of the 'royal decree' Mayhem wanted to use so that she could do absolutely whatever she wanted. - like a US president. The waste of our time and money was spent by Mrs Mayhem with her ridiculous unneceary appeal, As usual then,the legal eagles got a nice little earner! Still, when she's out of work (fairly soon) they might step up to help her.

Of course she didn't campaign against Brexit she actually drove the infamous red Bus its just not widely known....................

She of course went through that waste of our time and money on strictly constitutional grounds, her track record as self appointed arbiter of Parliamentary procedure is unmatched.

She is busy at the moment supporting David Davis's team to get the best deal.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Of course she didn't campaign against Brexit she actually drove the infamous red Bus its just not widely known....................

She of course went through that waste of our time and money on strictly constitutional grounds, her track record as self appointed arbiter of Parliamentary procedure is unmatched.

She is busy at the moment supporting David Davis's team to get the best deal.
Ah man, I have massively misjudged her then in that case.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Interesting observation from William Rees-Mogg that Gina Millar the anti-democracy campaigner has cemented Brexit into British Law ;

Speaking to Robert Peston on ITV, he said: "Because the Article 50 Bill has passed, we are having Brexit no matter what.

"We actually have a lot to thank Gina Miller for, because it is now in law that we leave the EU by the end of March 2019.

"There is no majority in Parliament to repeal that law."

Mrs Miller brought forward a legal challenge to the Government to ensure that a bill on Article 50 went through Parliament.

The Remainer won the verdict, which went all the way to the Supreme Court.

However, the Parliament reacted by quickly passing the bill, turning Article 50 into law.

What a hoot............

Not being pedantic, but it was Jacob Rees-Mogg, his father William, died in 2012... I'd like to see him as PM but one or two of his beliefs would cause a few issues and the masses would think him too much of a toff.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Not being pedantic, but it was Jacob Rees-Mogg, his father William, died in 2012... I'd like to see him as PM but one or two of his beliefs would cause a few issues and the masses would think him too much of a toff.
His persona is... well... not quite in touch with the masses?
To be polite;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom