1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you had a problem that has been fixed by a forum post?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by beccy, Apr 27, 2012.

1. daibevan

daibevan Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006
    I find it very useful to just read what people have done and what advice has been given. Increasing my knowledge and understanding makes me more confident of working on the car and often lets you know what is likely to be wrong if you do have a problem. In the past forums have made it relatively easy to identify problems that are specific to a certain model, especially when general mechanics or roadside assistants don't have a clue.

What seems a simple what have I done today can be very useful to those of us new to the marque.

Keep on posting:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. TravisMerc

TravisMerc Member

Your Mercedes:
    1985 W123 280CE, 1989 and 1991 W124 300CE, 2004 Audi 3.0 Cabrio (for sale)
    Yes!

I needed to sort out a W124 windscreen wiper running slowly and there was a link to a PeachParts post on how to dismantle various bits under the bonnet to get at the problem.

I also just asked about getting keys cut for a W123 and a W124 and got a great suggestion (use any good locksmith!) within hours.

I hope to be able to contribute (rather than just asking questions) at some point soon!

3. Frosty149

Frosty149 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport + toys
    Yes
    Multitude of tech questions resolved from previous threads, loads of time saved (and £'s) plus direct queries- invaluable!

4. sharjah

sharjah Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1994 sl320 r129/r230 sl500 2003
    My first SL had lots of problems when I purchased it,thats why I got it really cheap.The roof didnt work,been stood outdoors for 2yrs.Thanks to the great advice from Malcom(television) I got it all sorted and is now up and running.My second and current SL(500) had boot water leaks and battery drain.Again thanks to advice and step by step pictures from Malcolm all is now ok and car runs great.I am now retired after 48yrs as an Auto Electrician but I was baffled by the complexity of my R230. So I say many thanks to the forum and am really grateful to Malcolm profound knowledge so freely given.

5. raymondj

raymondj Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2.2 C class coupe 2017
    Yes. I joined today and Dan sorted out my query of disabling the eco engine cut out function with an hour of my post.

6. Stevetaxi

Stevetaxi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 E class 250 AMG Estate
    I got forum help and got sorted with my personal problems... cant say what here tho

John Laidlaw and MissyD like this.
  7. Stevetaxi

Stevetaxi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 E class 250 AMG Estate
    yeah, how do you do that?

8. Silver 300te

Silver 300te Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    300te, 1992, M103
    Yeah, loads of help with the sunroof and heater blower.

9. big_bill3

big_bill3 Member

Your Mercedes:
    W246 2014 B220 diesel
    What's the secret please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. pancholi

pancholi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1996 SL 500 , 2003 CL55K, 2005 E55K
    like many on this forum, I have had many Merc's from the early 1990's onwards. this forum has has been invaluable in sorting a multitude of issues out. ranging from fitting turbo units in my w211 to repairing the ABC block on my 215. drain holes, VIN decoding, buying advice etc there is someone on this forum who can always help and usually quite rapidly.
    the wonderful aspect is that its an active forum with members who also like to do DIY and share their activity.
    I am a member of other forums e.g. Bentley and Aston Martin which are far less DIY focused which is a shame, as the ability to partially DIY your own car not only is more economical, but also massages my male ego :)
    so a big thanks to the helpful members ( Malcom RIP )
    raj

John Laidlaw and Pullman like this.