iCarsoft MB V2 to deactivate SBC brakes.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I did have a couple of queries before and after purchasing my MB2 from UK Parts and my personal experience was fine. That said I used Messenger to communicate and got answers very quickly.
Sadly I’ve heard much worse experiences when folks have used other retailers- some of whom are selling clones

Having bought from Diagnostic World, where the support is utterly non existent, In contrast the support from Johns contact (UK Parts Direct) was excellent and they certainly seemed to know how the tool worked.
And they answered the phone, and shipped the MBV2 nicely double boxed.
And at least you know its a genuine unit , VIP with apparently a fair number of fakes floating around.

Maybe both John and I were lucky, good luck with direct support from iCarsoft ... imo they dont know how to spell the word support! Must have writtent o them 5 times .. no useful response, and numerous times they didnt even answer the question. Its not often I give up chasing a supplier but I did with iCarsoft direct!

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
thats a weird one , all those functions work for me on my 08 w219 ...
The MB II worked on those systems for me on the CL500 2009.
It wouldnt load the Comand amplifier section ... just bombed out. Johns much later 2015 E63 got further into the Comand system.

I have Not tried my new MBV2 yet, so cant comment.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
just as another thought, i emailed ukparts direct about my MB2 not looking at certain ecu's, third e mail, still no reply, think i will give up.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
as "her that must be obeyed" states, mind like a sewer !!!!!!

OP
noonboots

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
I painted my calipers while I was doing the discs and pads. I don't like the over the top colours so went with the standard grey. Glad I did.

Attachments

• IMG_20180518_183542.jpg
    IMG_20180518_183542.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 19

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
If all goes according to plan( which it often does not !!!) i will be repainting the ML wheels this weekend, just to get rid of the peeling on the back ones, and do the fronts properly.
i will repaint front callipers, silver, i have some black MERCEDES BENZ calliper stickers to go on, as the ones on there are white, just fancied silver and black.
Did the rears when i did the brakes, still look ok.
I know some one will ask for pictures, possible if i can do it.

OP
noonboots

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
If all goes according to plan( which it often does not !!!) i will be repainting the ML wheels this weekend, just to get rid of the peeling on the back ones, and do the fronts properly.
i will repaint front callipers, silver, i have some black MERCEDES BENZ calliper stickers to go on, as the ones on there are white, just fancied silver and black.
Sliver looks good, I've done others in it.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
just as another thought, i emailed ukparts direct about my MB2 not looking at certain ecu's, third e mail, still no reply, think i will give up.
Have you tried phoning them? Not unique to parts direct I find emails being answered less and less- mails going into Spam or being ignored or whatever, I’ve taken to the phone , what’s app, messenger or sms more and more

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Have you tried phoning them? Not unique to parts direct I find emails being answered less and less- mails going into Spam or being ignored or whatever, I’ve taken to the phone , what’s app, messenger or sms more and more

I find it strange, I rang them twice strwight through and they knew all about putting the ELectronic Parking brake into service mode. Plus after ordering I sent wn email requesting it be double boxed. And got an email reply within the hour.
Agree on the phone tip
Maybe ... it is holiday time.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

Don't forget to spray the calipers with heat resistant clear lacquer after painting and affixing the Mercedes brake decals.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
above are the results of weekend, weather not kind, rained in morning, windy all day, not good for using rattle cans outside. One front wheel was worse than I thought, been painted by some one before and the corrosion was very deep, it was just covered up, all out now but finish could have been better.
Wish I could have worked out how to type with the photo's, oh well, there you go

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom