Let the fun begin...

OP
LostKiwi

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Well a few trips further on and the left rear strut is permanently wet with oil but isn't dripping. I'm thinking of making use of these guys to rebuild our strut:
http://www.rebuildmastertech.com/me...pneumatic-suspension-strut-single-2303200213/

As we're sending ours to them and getting the same one back it should minimise (or eliminate hopefully) import duty.

Its a bargain compared to UK pricing!!!
By comparison:
Aerosus want £888 exchange
Arnotts want £1419 exchange (!!)

Other options:
AliExpress - £600 outright (hmmmm - this is almost tempting)
eBay - £350 used
New genuine (ex USA) - $1500 + shipping and taxes

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Well a few trips further on and the left rear strut is permanently wet with oil but isn't dripping. I'm thinking of making use of these guys to rebuild our strut:
http://www.rebuildmastertech.com/me...pneumatic-suspension-strut-single-2303200213/

As we're sending ours to them and getting the same one back it should minimise (or eliminate hopefully) import duty.

Its a bargain compared to UK pricing!!!
By comparison:
Aerosus want £888 exchange
Arnotts want £1419 exchange (!!)

Other options:
AliExpress - £600 outright (hmmmm - this is almost tempting)
eBay - £350 used
New genuine (ex USA) - $1500 + shipping and taxes

Have you tried getting a price from MB UK? I would be really laity of having a rebuilt strut from a foreign source, especially that home of dodginess and shoddy foreign workmanship (the USA :) )

OP
LostKiwi

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Have you tried getting a price from MB UK? I would be really laity of having a rebuilt strut from a foreign source, especially that home of dodginess and shoddy foreign workmanship (the USA :) )

I've emailed them to check on warranty. They say that:
This warranty is voided if the installation is not performed by an ASE certified technician / mechanic. It is required to submit a receipt or proof of installation that was completed by an ASE certified technician / mechanic with your warranty claim. You must email reciept or proof of installation by an ASE certified technician / mechanic to info@rebuildmastertech.com

Now given we don't have ASE certifications here (as far as I'm aware) that could be a show stopper so I've asked the question "What would they require for a UK customer in terms of warranty validation...."
The warranty in the US is lifetime so if they will honour that in the UK with appropriate paperwork its pretty much a done deal as far as I'm concerned!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom