Your Mercedes
E63 2010 6.2 V8
I'm feeling these :)

f410-brushed-polished-mercedes-e350-side.jpg

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
^ Funnily enough, whilst I was browsing today, I came across a set that looked quite tasty - similar to those but without the rivet/bolt pattern.

Then realised they were basically M3 CSL replicas! Not sure I'm allowed to put those on a Merc! :-(

Upon closer inspection, also wrong stud pattern...
http://tamarwheels.co.uk/store/axe-cs lite-hyper black

Last edited:
OP
E

e63sonny

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 2010 6.2 V8
^ Funnily enough, whilst I was browsing today, I came across a set that looked quite tasty - similar to those but without the rivet/bolt pattern.

Then realised they were basically M3 CSL replicas! Not sure I'm allowed to put those on a Merc! :-(

Ispiri do a similar wheel to the one that you are looking at and they do merc fitment.

http://www.prestigewheelcentre.co.uk/alloy-wheels-c1/ispiri-wheels-isr10-diamond-silver-p11447

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

AXE are lovely, my mate is the Devon stockist, has them on the shelf for several cars, really nice quality but IMO they are a bit BMW

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
AXE are lovely, my mate is the Devon stockist, has them on the shelf for several cars, really nice quality but IMO they are a bit BMW

That was my feeling, they look just like the alloys that were on my brother'so M3 CS. I did note the model is Axe-CS! :lol:

On a W204, which is quite an angular car, I think slight sharper edged wheel may suit.

Hence, I think, the attraction to those Vossen originally posted! :)

Last edited:

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Sorry sonny... I've got a bit carried away on your thread!!! :Oops:

Last edited:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
New alloys as well as the down pipes, what else will you be getting :lol: :)

OP
E

e63sonny

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 2010 6.2 V8
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH...!!! :-?

Needs to be done. I went out with acid in is c63, when i got back into my mercit felt so slow compared to his. Hence why i want mine charged too lol.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
How did you find the traction side of things in Acid's 63?

I don't have to try too hard to break traction on mine as it is!

OP
E

e63sonny

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 2010 6.2 V8
How did you find the traction side of things in Acid's 63?

I don't have to try too hard to break traction on mine as it is!

Considering the power that car is pushing it held pretty well. This was in moist conditions too.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
To be honest about Acid's motor, the traction is not brilliant, with not a lot of grip at all till you get in excess of the legal speed limit. On a motorway. In the dry.

Having said that, it didn't have the best of tyres on it when I borrowed it (apparently he'd been experimenting with them) but even so, the car would prefer to go sideways than in a straight line. :)

When you start getting into big figures, you need 4 wheel drive, as pushing all that torque through the rear wheels can only end up with one thing happening, even with an LSD fitted (I think he has a Wavetrac in his, I have Quaife). In reality though, treat it with a bit of respect with a bit of "short shifting" (I hate that phrase as well :D) and it can be nice and easy to drive. On the other hand, boot it around and you'll be leaving lots of number 11s down the road and visiting hedges sideways...

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
11's and sideways is GOOD.

Hedges are best admired from a distance. About 2 feet further than the length of the bonnet usually does the job. Side windows are for seeing where you are going :D:D;);)

Last edited:

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Hmmm... Never thought I would hear myself say this but... I think mine probably has enough welly in its current state! :shock:

Pulling out of side roads, in the dry, is already cheeky, even at less than third throttle lightly applied.

Maybe I'll just go for the backbox and pretend it has a full system... :)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Have you got an LSD in it (can't remember)

If not, that should be the first mod. I had a lot of issues with mine in exactly the same situation you describe, but fitting the Quaife diff sorted most of them out and made it so much more driveable. :)

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
When you start getting into big figures, you need 4 wheel drive, as pushing all that torque through the rear wheels can only end up with one thing happening, even with an LSD fitted (I think he has a Wavetrac in his, I have Quaife). In reality though, treat it with a bit of respect with a bit of "short shifting" (I hate that phrase as well :D) and it can be nice and easy to drive. On the other hand, boot it around and you'll be leaving lots of number 11s down the road and visiting hedges sideways...

My Prodrive Scooby only had 330bhp and 331 lb.ft but it was just sooo tractable. Full-time, symmetrical 4wd was simply superb at getting the power down, almost regardless of weather.

Not experience 4-Matic in their road cars, but I hope they can weave that amongst their bigger AMG cars before long in the UK.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Have you got an LSD in it (can't remember)

If not, that should be the first mod. I had a lot of issues with mine in exactly the same situation you describe, but fitting the Quaife diff sorted most of them out and made it so much more driveable. :)

Hi Dave.

Yes, mine is an AMG PP equipped car, so LSD in place!

Top Bottom