Oil Extraction.

Steve Paul Thompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 W204 C350cdi Blue efficiency sport
I,ve used a manual oil extraction pump on my C350 cdi the last 2 oil changes. I dont think I have managed to get all the old oil out but it is so much easier, no laying under the car to remove the under panel and sump plug. I,ve done less than 3000 miles between oil changes and have changed the filter both times. I think I could be leaving a litre of oil I can,t extract in it. I like to think of it as being an oil refresh. Any thoughts? Steve.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Absolutely .

Sumps are different , best fool proof way is extract then undo the plug and measure what comes out .

On two cars by extraction I'm 100 % happy as the extractor has measurement .

The older I'm further able to suck out a vertical oil cooler below an oil filter housing that would otherwise hold around 300 ml of old oil .

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
I tend to change oil earlier than recommended interval at around 5k.
I change the filter everytime.
I alternate between sucking out and one change and then sucking out with draining through sump plug on next change.
I'm happy with that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

merc85

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi
I can't understand why you would work against gravity, But if your happy doing it like that then why change.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My Smart Roadster gives me no option other than to use an extraction pump ... there is no sump plug if I wanted to drain it at the sump. I had a problem with the car & the sump pan was removed after using my Pela. There was next to SFA in the sump pan when I removed it. ;)

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Assuming you are extracting the oil when the car is level and the suction hose hits the bottom of the pan I would doubt there is a litre left (that is alot of oil).
Given the oil change is every 3k with a new filter I would not worry about it.

I dont have a Pela but the electric lidl pump, I dont use it for my car, but my ride on mower. Great little device, no spanners, no catch can (direct to oil drum), no hands and knees, no replacing sump nuts, no spills, love the efficiency.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Assuming you are extracting the oil when the car is level and the suction hose hits the bottom of the pan I would doubt there is a litre left (that is alot of oil).

There was an egg cup full at the most left in my Smart's sump pan ;);)

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
My Sealey 6.5 Liter Vacuum Pump extracts exactly 6.5 Liters of old oil and that's exactly how much fresh oil I put back wich indicates midway between high and low on the dipstick.
I do an oil and filter change every 6 months.

_EM00093.jpeg

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Same here .

Bearing in mind the above image is currently @6L and still sucking !

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Same here .

Bearing in mind the above image is currently @6L and still sucking !
Absolutely, and as you can tell I change the oil more often than I wash the car...Lol

OP
S

Steve Paul Thompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Given the oil change is every 3k with a new filter I would not worry about it.

I dont have a Pela but the electric lidl pump, I dont use it for my car, but my ride on mower. Great little device, no spanners, no catch can (direct to oil drum), no hands and knees, no replacing sump nuts, no spills, love the efficiency.
Thanks mioba. My car was on a slight slope and the weather turned bad half way through so I rushed it a bit. I,m sure I could have got more oil out with a bit of extra time.

dvarley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 320 T CDI
I use a Sealey pump and always managed to extract 7.5 ltrs. on my E320 cdi. I always remove the oil filter on the top of the engine whilst it is extracting, so that there is no vacuum holding oil in the filter. I think it is a great piece of kit and as I am now 72, I am not good at crawling under the car to remove the tray and oil plug.

OP
S

Steve Paul Thompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I tend to change oil earlier than recommended interval at around 5k.
I change the filter everytime.
I alternate between sucking out and one change and then sucking out with draining through sump plug on next change.
I'm happy with that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Thanks robinlarge: I will start alternating. I like to change the oil every 3000miles My next will be draining through the sump plug ,so I dont think using an extractor will do any harm.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
1612344357149.png
I've a Pela Vacuum pump but haven't used it since I bought the Lidl 12V one :)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom