Project CLK55 AMG

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Just realised I thought I knew the username, did you have a Peugeot 407 recently on Peugeot forums?
If so then hello again, starting to think you might be following me o_O:p lol,

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome from me too!

Lovely car you have there, well done.

Cheers,
David

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Thanks all, yes I did have a 407, a black estate!! That was a while ago now though, was written off by a complete tool driving head on into me about 3 years ago. After that I went through a string of Volvo's and had the Audi in between the last one and the current one. We still have the 206, great little car that, costs practically nothing and runs on thin air. Before the 407 I also had a 307, in fact I had 2 307's as I bought another when I had the 407 after someone smashed the rear screen. Good times, good times...

I think 5th Gear used to go there at times and it would appear that thanks to the utterly incompetent idiots at myHermes I won't be getting the dash cam today!! Have waited in all day for it as well :(

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
At last!!! At 8:57pm the camera arrived (was supposed to be before 9am!) so I'll be fitting it properly tomorrow. I've put it in the car where I want it but I found out the hard wire kit in the car didn't power the camera! Checked the wiring and nothing appeared wrong but it was getting dark by now. Had a brainwave (rare) and remembered there's another hardwire kit in the back and plugged the camera in there. That one works :) Had a quick look at the cable and it appears to be long enough to reach the front so I can leave that one plugged in as I know it works and take the one in the front out and try testing it. If it works it can go in the Volvo. Will sort the proper wiring in the morning. Damn you myHermes!! Hate them with a passion :(

Last edited:
OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Camera has been installed today, yippee! It worked with the hardwire kit that was in the back of the car so that's one job ticked off the list. Also here are my Pipercross air filters. Got a few more things to be delivered including a drivers seat trim from Mercedes which I'll be picking up tomorrow. Will put some pics of the camera in a moment :)

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Not when it comes to maintaining or protecting the car! It lives on a street so a motion sensing camera is a must so I've gone for another Nextbase 402g as in the Volvo and ordered the same stealth adhesive mount to replace the mahoovise suction mount you get as standard. The car already having 2 Nextbase hardwire kits in it was just extra helpful. The service is next over the weekend hopefully then the cosmetics can be thought about.

Some pics of the camera install for now

Clearly visible on the passenger side but won't be too bad with a smaller mount. Also my Volvo peeking in the background

My view from the drivers seat

And because I said I'd do it, here I am with the car!

That's all for today, have sent off a V888 form and the fee to the DVLA so looking forward what they will send back :D

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
So here's a shot of todays haul

This includes new wipers, new seat trim, oil filter, MicroSD card for the camera and the new mount to lower its profile along with a note for 3 more parcels that I wasn't in for. I'm hoping these will be the oil and spark plugs along with some headlight bulbs for the Volvo. Anyway, first things first, remember the huge Nextbase camera mount...

It is gone to make way for this 3-D printed mount

Once it was all cleaned up it was time to reinstall the camera

And from the outside

Much tidier than the original install :)

Hopefully more soon!!

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That looks very neat. Great job!

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Thanks, you should get it fitted!! It's really easy to do :D

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
It is, honest! Also I may or may not have unleashed the extra sad person in me and I have bought a 2003 CLK brochure and price list for the folder! I also admit to having looked at the hardback AMG brochure and the press information booklet being sold by the same guy but I stopped it at the first two. Sort of annoyed he didn't have a 2003 accessories brochure lol. It needs to stop!!!!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is, honest! Also I may or may not have unleashed the extra sad person in me and I have bought a 2003 CLK brochure and price list for the folder! I also admit to having looked at the hardback AMG brochure and the press information booklet being sold by the same guy but I stopped it at the first two. Sort of annoyed he didn't have a 2003 accessories brochure lol. It needs to stop!!!!

Ha-ha ... sounds familiar.

Now you need an extra owner's manual (in original folder, naturally), to keep home and read at your leisure, plus a pdf version for those digital thingies ...

For my old car, I also managed to get a full press release pack, in a massive MB-branded A4 folder/case, with pictures on one CD, a commercial on a VideoCD, and a bunch of actual printed photographs.

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Noooo! It annoys me enough that the owners manual that came with the car clearly isn't the one it came with new as it has the audio booklet for the Comand system rather than the Audio 10. I've had to learn how to use the radio with no manual!! It's been tough...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I'm sure you can get treatment for this! ;)

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Very funny and thanks, will download later. Still no oil from Opie, holding me back on the service now but in the meantime I may or may not have done another Auto Finesse haul... oh dear!!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom