What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
What, and you have an S65?....that's be like someone saying I should stick to 70 :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Put my reg. number on retention ready for the new car :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Finished my eco mod (yes I am one of those crazies that bums around on the ecomodder forum trying different techniques to max fuel efficiency)

This allows me to do Pulse and Glide and Engine of coasting much easier :)
Only 8.25mpg avg? You need to try harder! ;)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Only 8.25mpg avg? You need to try harder! ;)

Im still the calibration phase for that ultragauge. I have tried 3 times, but the other half keeps taking the car out on fumes and therefore I miss the fullup! :p

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Great, it'll all be done soon- excited?
I am a bit past all of that John but yes I am looking forward to it of course :) My trip is considerably shorter than yours, Ely is about 70 miles from here so about 2 hours max

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I certainly do. This chuffing cough is doing my head in. Lost my voice twice in the last week!
At least you had a good excuse for not replying to SWMBO every time she speaks!;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
At least you had a good excuse for not replying to SWMBO every time she speaks!;)

Don't let her know that, she might read this!!! :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
My other half would expect me to sign to her if I lost my voice. Problem is the only signs I know could provoke a nasty reaction!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
My other half would expect me to sign to her if I lost my voice. Problem is the only signs I know could provoke a nasty reaction!

Knowing your OH and my OH I suspect we would both need ear defenders to try that out Alastair! :D

("I was saying "two" dear!")

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Out of three of us, I'm a better position, as I kept my other half hidden so far :po_O

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Waiting to see if any seagulls are still around to poo on my car again. Only 3 yesterday...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I did hear of such a thing....slightly more drastic though!!

Baking powder John? Seriously, if you wrap a piece of bait around a small weight, attach fishing line to it and spin it around on a long enough arc, seagulls will come to take it on the fly and can be suitably dispatched. Or so I'm reliably informed.

The bird scarer has been working well, only 3 splats all week and then for one night, SWMBO turned it off by accident. Cue the phantom plasterer making an appearance...

Today I have groggily driven my CL into work and will groggily drive it home. Waiting for me are some vetrinary-grade antibiotics and anti-tickly-throat pills which might finally cure me of this persistent ****** cough that's really affected me over the last 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed I can take the Karcher and snow foam lance for a test drive this weekend!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Waiting to see if any seagulls are still around to poo on my car again. Only 3 yesterday...
We have a nest on our roof at the back of the house so expecting plenty of Seagull poo very soon plus lots of squawking when we go out of the back door. Not been too bad so far :rolleyes:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Baking powder John? Seriously, if you wrap a piece of bait around a small weight, attach fishing line to it and spin it around on a long enough arc, seagulls will come to take it on the fly and can be suitably dispatched. Or so I'm reliably informed.

The bird scarer has been working well, only 3 splats all week and then for one night, SWMBO turned it off by accident. Cue the phantom plasterer making an appearance...

Today I have groggily driven my CL into work and will groggily drive it home. Waiting for me are some vetrinary-grade antibiotics and anti-tickly-throat pills which might finally cure me of this persistent ****** cough that's really affected me over the last 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed I can take the Karcher and snow foam lance for a test drive this weekend!
Yip- baking soda was what I heard. we've now installed 2 of said devices on the factory roof- all the nests are gone and there's a half hourly fly by of a peregrine falcon, Harris hawk and barn owl to amuse me...
The gulls are getting the hint , down to 3 splats today again

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom