What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Washed it.

This sounds pretty normal for a pleasant Sunday afternoon really, but bear in mind that the last E Class I had only got washed two or three times in my 3+ year ownership. The reason being it was garaged, consequently every time it went out it was wiped down with a QD and polished up. It only saw bad weather a couple of unavoidable times hence the lack of washes.

I now have to get into a new regime as, even though it's under a carport it doesn't get fully protected. It's also a daily driver so it's out in all types of stuff. I don't suppose white was the best colour choice in retrospect. Having said that, I reckon I can keep on top of it by washing at least once a week, and topping up the protection on dry days when I get the chance, so hopefully it should still look OK for any forthcoming meets. :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Congratulations on the move. Are you still within Cambs? Top work from LK there; get that man a drink

We are still in the same area, closer to Northampton now. Yes he is a top man and we owe him a big favour!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We are still in the same area, closer to Northampton now. Yes he is a top man and we owe him a big favour!

I didn't know you moved already - like I said earlier: once the rear seats are out, my little car can take quite a lot of stuff ...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Nothing to the car other than putting 65 miles on it, but yesterday we moved house. A HUGE thank you to LostKiwi (Alastair) who demonstrated yet again what a gentleman and general all- around top man he is by contributing his Saturday and about 15,000 calories of effort in helping with the loading & unloading.

Now- to the garage!

They say that moving house is one of the most stressful things around, so I hope you have the willpower to relax and let it flow over you at least some of the time maybe with some help from Dr Gordons/whatever !

btw: Two years after we last moved I set about putting shelves in the cupboard under the stairs and in so doing dragged out 3 x cardboard boxes from the back which contained all those kitchen gadgets like left handed flogge toggles etc that you can't possibly do without (but we'd managed for two years)! SWMBO immediately said "I've been looking for those...!" But when I told her that not only had she not needed to replace any of it for two years but if we hadn't spent that money, we could probably have bought a new car she just didn't understand at all :shock: tut tut,,, such lack of logic!

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Changed number plates on the 500SL to nice new EU style pressed plates.

3146bj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 B180CDI, 2008 Golf Pacific, 2013 VW Tiguan 103TDI
Washed it.

I don't suppose white was the best colour choice in retrospect. Having said that, I reckon I can keep on top of it by washing at least once a week, and topping up the protection on dry days when I get the chance, so hopefully it should still look OK for any forthcoming meets. :)

Really it's surprising how much dirt can accumulate on a white car before you notice it. Mine lives outside in a fairly dusty environment (reasonably busy suburban road and in an area with quite a lot of building work going on), travels about 15km on dirt road and 150km in the country about once a fortnight, and is a regular target for bird and possum poo. The most noticeable dirt is the spider webs on the black surrounds of the outside mirrors!

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
Washed it.

Me too!

Had a good look at the clear coat with the sellers wax stripped off.

Swirl city under there, but otherwise fairly clean bodywork for a 14 year old. Anyways, got some Bilt Hamber polish and one coat of wax on there. Shame the light went... would have loved to get 2 coats on. Its a damn sight more paintwork than the daily, which s a Mk4 golf......

Still, lovely day to be outside :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I didn't know you moved already - like I said earlier: once the rear seats are out, my little car can take quite a lot of stuff ...
David, things have happened at such a pace over the last 5-6 weeks I’ve forgotten who I’ve mentioned it to! As it happens, load space wasn’t a factor (our 211 estate plus my parents’ Passat estate plus a hired removals van) but mandraulic loading power for Saturday morning was needed and Alastair mentioned he was free... and now I’m about 7-8 miles down the A45 from you :) so as soon as I can get the garage sorted- and that’s my big task this winter- we can start looking into what we have been discussing g ... phew!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
David, things have happened at such a pace over the last 5-6 weeks I’ve forgotten who I’ve mentioned it to! As it happens, load space wasn’t a factor (our 211 estate plus my parents’ Passat estate plus a hired removals van) but mandraulic loading power for Saturday morning was needed and Alastair mentioned he was free... and now I’m about 7-8 miles down the A45 from you :) so as soon as I can get the garage sorted- and that’s my big task this winter- we can start looking into what we have been discussing g ... phew!
Sounds great! I'm always here if you need any help :)

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Topped up the washer fluid over the weekend - think that might have been the first time since I've had it.

Today, added some Gliptone to the seats and steering wheel.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Did the E320cdi swirl flap motor resistor modification . Charged the car battery on trickle charge for a few hours .

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Ordered it some new brakes

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Had a new 4A trickle charger delivered to keep it happy over the winter:
613OIaimz7L._SL1000_.jpg

Just £26 delivered from Amazon.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom