What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Didn't do anything but I couldn't get my E220 - W213 running last night, unlocked it as normal but when I opened the door the alarm went off. I locked and unlocked it again and when I pressed the started every warning light under the sun came on and it wouldn't start. It settled down to just SRS and Parking Warnings, I switched it off, plugged in my OBDII reader which couldn't find any errors so I called Mercedes. I couldn't even lock the car as it wouldn't respond to the key.
After talking to Mobilo for awhile I tried the car again, switched it off, locked it then opened it again and it then started. It had a warning displayed of a light bulb until I switched it off again, once I started it again later no warnings and nothing stored. Worked perfectly again this morning. Bit of a concern though as reliability is what I'm interested in.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Changed the oil on one, rain stopped play on the other one :(

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Drove the 230 to work to check for ABC leaks and thankfully it seems fine.
Put the 129 on charge to recover the battery....

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Started on replacing the steering damper . For other owners of ageing, cars this is a must .
I knew mine was original and 29 years old . Orderd one from enay. The make of it was BOGE .
Me being me , i wanted to do the job myself, just to have the satisfaction that the job was done right. You know how some of us are. Well i drove the car on to the ramps , and soon the undershield was off , and out of the way. Looked at the steering damper, and no way could i get the bolt to pull out of the one end, this was after i had removed the nut . The steering needed turned to move the link above it so i could pull out the bolt .And as i was on plastic ramps i was unable to turn the wheels .Then i had to jack the car up and remove the wheels on both sides Bolts out, and the new Boge steering damper in place .The old one was totaly shot and worked like a bike pump with no washer on .These are easy to check by just removing the bolt thats fixed on to the steering link and not the one on the chassis.If you steering wheel kicks when you hit a pothole , then check this part out first.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fixed this year's poppy to the radiator grille. Forgot to take a pic.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nice graceful glide down the M53 with a 911 Carrera for company....what fun! ;)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Charged the battery on the E Class as it came up as partially charged through Mercedes ME.

I've only had the car two months but, due to damaging my shoulder and arm, have hardly driven it yet, mainly just doing little runs of less than 3 miles to get a newspaper in the mornings hence the flat battery. This seems such a waste but hopefully I'll be back to normal soon and be able to give it one or two decent runs which it obviously needs.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

I've only had the car two months but, due to damaging my shoulder and arm, have hardly driven it yet, mainly just doing little runs of less than 3 miles to get a newspaper in the mornings hence the flat battery. This seems such a waste but hopefully I'll be back to normal .......

Sorry about your shoulder :( but don't forget that I'm only over the road ..... I could help your flat battery problems by using for work every day now & again :rolleyes:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Charged the battery on the E Class as it came up as partially charged through Mercedes ME.

I've only had the car two months but, due to damaging my shoulder and arm, have hardly driven it yet, mainly just doing little runs of less than 3 miles to get a newspaper in the mornings hence the flat battery. This seems such a waste but hopefully I'll be back to normal soon and be able to give it one or two decent runs which it obviously needs.
Off up to Edinburgh tonight, back tomorrow...could always give it a run out for you :)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Sorry guys, it's not going to happen as there are the odd occasions when it's needed. Like today when I had to visit my upholsterer with one of the door cards off the 190E.

These are notorious for coming apart at the top where damp gets to them and I've been lucky in that only one of mine (N/S/F) needed repairing, so I whipped it over to the main man and will pick it up early next week. I was drooling at a 500E which he had in at the time, he reckons the owner has a few of them., No wonder I couldn't find one when I was looking, this guy seems to have them all. :D

I may just give the E Class a run out this weekend, shoulder and weather dependant, probably down to MSL or somewhere equally salubrious. :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Sorry guys, it's not going to happen as there are the odd occasions when it's needed. Like today when I had to visit my upholsterer with one of the door cards off the 190E.

These are notorious for coming apart at the top where damp gets to them and I've been lucky in that only one of mine (N/S/F) needed repairing, so I whipped it over to the main man and will pick it up early next week. I was drooling at a 500E which he had in at the time, he reckons the owner has a few of them., No wonder I couldn't find one when I was looking, this guy seems to have them all. :D

I may just give the E Class a run out this weekend, shoulder and weather dependant, probably down to MSL or somewhere equally salubrious. :)
I have a solar charger that plugs in the OBDII port on the Smart and it's made quite a difference. I had optimates on the others but the Smart isn't close to a socket.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thinking of one of those OBD port chargers .but i have no OBD port to plug in to.
You can turn a power socket into an always-on type quite easily (and revert to the standard ignition on later), so you can plug a solar charger into it: all you need is a fuse tap - I can email you a simple diagram.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Der Panzerwagon passed its MOT today with flying colours and no advisory's, hooray !! :D:D:D IMG_0687.JPG

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

Wouldn’t have done it much justice until I reached Lancaster anyway Dave....took me from the Wirral to there just under 3 hours!!
The remaining 190 miles took under under 2 mind :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom