What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Some of this, different and will certainly try drying first and then treating this more like a detailer spray and then rinse one more time before a final dry
That's the stuff! Become a bit of a go-to for me (especially when discounted on Ama-Zon.

If you do get a "dry coat" on (whether spray on/wipe off or spray on applicator pad then wipe off), I've found that when you then use it as a spray on drying aid, it seemed to work better still.

(Another favourite, that now lives in the car whilst I'm away, is Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic 3-In-1 Spray Detailer - great for impromptu, light clean-ups and really good hydrophobic whatsits!)

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Trying out my foxsur smart charger in repair mode , 6 year old battery charged to death and still no stop start turning green. Last few days I've had the charger hooked up on repair mode 12 to 16 hours at a time . This morning on the way to work , everything is green and stop start is working again. So before splashing the cash on a new battery,spend £12 on a foxsur charger and try the repair function. It's worked for me.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
All loaded up - pressure washing season is here (like to get it done before our favourite utility starts whinging about reservoir levels) 2 more drives to do

Attachments

• IMG_6106.jpeg
    IMG_6106.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 31

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
All loaded up - pressure washing season is here (like to get it done before our favourite utility starts whinging about reservoir levels) 2 more drives to do
Messy job, I am normally covered in mud from head to toe when I do mine!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Messy job, I am normally covered in mud from head to toe when I do mine!

I use a butchers apron and waterproof trousers so I can hose myself off after the job. I’ve just invested in a visor safety specs are ok but I’m sick of the splashback getting in my mouth. I enjoy doing the job looks great when it’s al done.

A an aside I see JCB are offering a very nice petrol power washer for £700 you just need to be wary and check your domestic supply is 11 litres a minute

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I use a butchers apron and waterproof trousers so I can hose myself off after the job. I’ve just invested in a visor safety specs are ok but I’m sick of the splashback getting in my mouth. I enjoy doing the job looks great when it’s al done.

A an aside I see JCB are offering a very nice petrol power washer for £700 you just need to be wary and check your domestic supply is 11 litres a minute

No AMG badge on that :()

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Put 10 litres of AdBlue in the new-to-me E220 Bluetec. Still needs more to actually fill the tank so I'll be off to Halfrauds again tomorrow.

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Throw a bottle forte anti crystallisation additive in it at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the advice, DSK. I wasn't aware that crystallisation was still a thing - my only experience of AdBlue was on an older Sprinter van which was stored outside during the winter and used to have crystallisation issues. I had assumed that AdBlue would contain an inhibitor by now.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Thank you for the advice, DSK. I wasn't aware that crystallisation was still a thing - my only experience of AdBlue was on an older Sprinter van which was stored outside during the winter and used to have crystallisation issues. I had assumed that AdBlue would contain an inhibitor by now.

Nope it doesn’t and never will for the crap we get sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Spent most of the today with the laptop connected to my other S211 trying to get the SBC to play ball and stop the screaming dash message for brake failure. Currently off as it was a counter reset code but not 100% convinced it will stay silent.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
That's the stuff! Become a bit of a go-to for me (especially when discounted on Ama-Zon.

If you do get a "dry coat" on (whether spray on/wipe off or spray on applicator pad then wipe off), I've found that when you then use it as a spray on drying aid, it seemed to work better still.

(Another favourite, that now lives in the car whilst I'm away, is Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic 3-In-1 Spray Detailer - great for impromptu, light clean-ups and really good hydrophobic whatsits!)
Still beading well this morning

Attachments

• IMG_6388.jpeg
    IMG_6388.jpeg
    829 KB · Views: 14

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Put the 212 E350CDI on the analyser charger ready for the 1st April.

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Go to a petrol station that has hgv pumps! They usually have adblue on pump too which is much cheaper than halfrauds .
I never gave that a thought. Cheers for the tip :)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Just done a map update after receiving an email suggesting that there was one available. I tend to do them via download onto a USB stick now as the OTA one seems to take forever, especially with my limited mileage.

The car's now on the ground after spending the last 6 months on the lift in the garage. It's been started and driven up and down my drive a few times but apart from that, it's not really moved. It will hopefully be out for a little run round on Monday once I tax it, I did try today but the Gov website won't let me tax it from the 1st April as yet, must be scared of me pinching a couple of days.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Just done a map update after receiving an email suggesting that there was one available. I tend to do them via download onto a USB stick now as the OTA one seems to take forever, especially with my limited mileage.

The car's now on the ground after spending the last 6 months on the lift in the garage. It's been started and driven up and down my drive a few times but apart from that, it's not really moved. It will hopefully be out for a little run round on Monday once I tax it, I did try today but the Gov website won't let me tax it from the 1st April as yet, must be scared of me pinching a couple of days.
I know your feeling my OTA is reading 53% and it started a week ago!

Is the USB route straightforward? It also allows rest of Europe (not that I ever go there)...

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I know your feeling my OTA is reading 53% and it started a week ago!

Is the USB route straightforward? It also allows rest of Europe (not that I ever go there)...

Mine used to literally take hours so I seldom use the online option nowadays.

THIS LINK should work for you and will let you download all available updates to a USB (Min 16GB, ideally 32)

Top Bottom