Which New tyres

A6lns

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250
Hi just looking on the internet need a new set on my c250 sport hankook or Goodyear f1 any views would be grateful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Goodyear F1 for sure from those choices, a member on here was having horrible delamination issues with the Hankooks
Lots of members on here swear by Uniroyal Rainsport
I'd be tempted to Michelin cross climates if they do your size, they are amazing

OP
A

A6lns

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250
Goodyears are good price well I don't think they are that bad but I will look at the Uniroyal rainsport i thought they was hard to get hold off

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
As John said Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3 are very well liked, also the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2's and Uniroyal Rainsport 3's

Last edited:

stivesvelo

Reaction score
Website
www.orientalexpression.co.uk
Your Mercedes
S210 E320 cdi estate
I would say 'avoid' the Goodyear F1.

I had a set fitted last year (S210 320cdi 17") after reading good reviews & can say that they are the worst set of tyres I've had & I've had a few in the 175k miles I've personally covered in this car (expecting 222,222 on the clock tomorrow), I had about 8-9 months out of them approx 12k mls.

What's wrong with them, basically poor mileage & uncomfortable/noisy with a bit of wear, grip was good however, wet and dry.

I had a slow puncture (came out to find a flatish tyre in the morning) & took the tyre in for repair to be was told it's irreparable as the pin was too near to the edge (which I accept is bad luck), however at the same time was told that it was also unsafe because the rubber was cracked & perished around the circumference between all of the treads, I checked the others & all are the same, it was suggested that I had been driving on under inflated tyres or they were old, neither was the case.

In the end I chose the best of them & asked the supplier to send it back to the manufacturer for assessing (this is some time ago so am waiting for some response).

In the meantime I've been using some 16" steel wheels with some old tyres, the ride/noise levels are so much better & also improves fuel consumption. Downside it it doesn't look too pretty so I'm looking for some sort of wheel trims that don't look like they've come from Halfords & thinking of putting a new set of 16" tyres on, will probably put Michelins on as they have been the best out of the lot & in the long run are most cost effective.

I'll let you know what they say in the end but am not a happy bunny as they weren't much cheaper than the Michelins.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Rainsport 3's all round for me. The price from Camskill is excellent and I give full credit to Jon Bell here for persuading me with pictures of sharks :D The grip on those things is amazing wet and dry, they're quiet too. Not sure yet on how well they wear as the car has only done a few k miles with them on.

I have Pirelli P Zero on my 212, they are very good too. A mix of all seasons on my 215, but that will shift to Rainsports whenever I can justify it. They're just that good.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I have Pirelli P Zero on my 212
I have Pirelli P Zero's on my C Class and compared with my old C Class which had Michelin Premacy's on it I do find them quite noisy.

However the current C Class does have a mix of 225's on the front and 255's on the rear which would probably account for a lot of the increase in tyre noise.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ I'm with you Andy, I find the Pirelli P Zero's noisy too (I can even hear them over the exhaust note ;)), they'll be replaced by Goodyear when the time comes- I'm surprised about the post above on the GY, never had any problems myself- I like Michelin too but they come with less tread to begin these days, and I need as much as I can get really...

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I also was surprised about the GY Eagle F1 comment above, I put them (17") on my S204 almost 2 years and about 15k miles ago and have been delighted with them - quiet, comfortable, grippy wet and dry, and still lots of life left in them. Admittedly I drive fairly gently most of the time (or I get earache from the passenger seat) but even so that seems good going!

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
^ I'm with you Andy, I find the Pirelli P Zero's noisy too (I can even hear them over the exhaust note ;)), they'll be replaced by Goodyear when the time comes- I'm surprised about the post above on the GY, never had any problems myself- I like Michelin too but they come with less tread to begin these days, and I need as much as I can get really...
The only tyre noise you should be able to hear over the exhaust note is the screech of tortured rubber - you are clearly not trying hard enough.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The only tyre noise you should be able to hear over the exhaust note is the screech of tortured rubber - you are clearly not trying hard enough.
Knew I was doing something wrong David!

BClassChris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 CDI (2009)
Carrying on with the point of this thread I have a B Class (I know you lot have C E &S Class) but I was wondering what I should throw on mine I've always been a fan of Michelin since I found I could get about 30k mile out of a set but that was on regular profile the B Class is a sport and I've never had low profiles before.

The tyres on it aren't my choice they are a mix of budget crap and hankook but they have that chevron shaped tread on em which I think makes em noisey is there anything you guys would recommend

PS I don't drive like I stole it nor do I drive like miss daisy and it's an auto if that means anything

TIA

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 3 or Goodyear Efficient Grip

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Top 3 that I've used and in order that I rate them.

Dunlop Sport Maxxx RT2's - Grip on par with Goodyear F1 Assy 3's and quieter.
Michelin PS4 (which is on my car now as the RT2's weren't in stock when I needed tyres and the PS4 were £20/tyre cheaper). On par with RT2 but not done enough miles to compare yet.
Goodyear Assy 3 F1.

All 3 give pretty much identical MPG and grip in my experience. RT 2 and PS4 about the same noise wise. A3 slightly louder on rough tarmac.

So of the 3 above then whichever is the cheapest will give you a good return for your money.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Right now I'm running:

Pirelli P Zero Nero on the 212. No complaints.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on the 211. Epic in every sense.

A mix of Kleber Quadraxers and some Michelin All Season (forget name)on the 215. Disappointing noise wise.

OP
A

A6lns

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250
Hi I've just put a set off Goodyear F1 on my c250 sport they are not so noisy now I had a mixture of budgets and hankooks on mine horrible in the wet

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I have Pirelli P Zero Nero on my E350 S212, they are on from new last year.

I have had no problems with them but as I have yet to change tyres on any of my Mercs it's difficult to compare.

I may keep this car so time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom