Yes I have sold my car

Essel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG V8 Kompressor
Simon I bought the AMG as a second car and it is perfect for that. They are no use for the daily commute unless you have very deep pockets. I do use mine a couple of times a week to keep it run in, and we're currently in The Hague, having driven there in it ! Kudos to you for trying it though, maybe one day....

My SL55 works out to be the same as train fare & bus fare from mine to work & back - I know where I'd rather be ;-)

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
Good call.

You "rented" a '63 for a couple of months for £1,000 (ahem, we'll ignore fuel! ;)) had a blast, checked something off your bucket list and moved on. Nice.

Back in 1999 I bought my "beast" car, 25mpg on a good, day fuel costs through the roof. Plus, two weeks after getting it I started doing a 70 mile commute rather than my prior 10 miles a day. Bought a second car as a run-about and never looked back.

Fast-forward to today, I still have that car from 1999 (Impreza, still love it) and have a C350 CDI Sport Estate for my "sensible" car. Not doing many miles currently, so 40+mpg average of a tank of fuel is acceptable and the V6 diesel really are so nice and smooth to drive. Car is more than rapid enough in every day driving - 550ft.lbs sees to that - if the urge takes me, plus the super-smooth engine really lends its self to relaxed pottering, which keeps me mellow :)

Anyway, the right choice for you is always the right choice, enjoy your new car :)

Scoob.

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Good call.

You "rented" a '63 for a couple of months for £1,000 (ahem, we'll ignore fuel! ;)) had a blast, checked something off your bucket list and moved on. Nice.

Scoob.

Hi Scoob..
I actually had it 3 months (wow wee)..
Say £350 a month plus fuel..
Wonder what they would actually cost to rent if they were available ?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Hi Scoob..
I actually had it 3 months (wow wee)..
Say £350 a month plus fuel..
Wonder what they would actually cost to rent if they were available ?

Actually sounds like a reasonable way of doing it! :D

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
déjà vu :
eventually you'll find a color you like:D

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Next time, as a half way house, get a 500 and LPG it - then it costs less to run than the diesel and goes almost as well as the AMG.... :D

MERC210

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS 200 CDI AND e 320 cdi sln 2006 facelift
New car

Simon must be due for g/box oil change?looks good as all your cars do enjoy!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Wonderful Simon, love the colour the same as drmw's SL,,,, The inside looks like new, your last diesel shook me on the how quiet it was, and that low down torque.

Congratulations :D

dml

Reaction score
Website
invalid.name
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500
So you paid a grand (plus fuel costs etc) to have a 63 for the summer... forget what anyone who criticises you says!! That's a great deal!!

Lit.91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Looks cracking Simon! glad you're happy with the change!

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
Simon, we are here for a good time and not a long time! You had a "thing" for an AMG and you now have ticked that off your list!
I have loads of things on that to do list but I'm not getting much knocked off it, like you mention mortgage, etc etc!
A good friend has bought a v10 r8, so for the meantime I'll have to cope with that!

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow I do like the R8..

I know people dont believe me when i say that for me and my driving style / personality I genuinely prefer the car I have. Its far more refined and actually smoother...

Yes The beast was super fast but the premium you pay for the ability to have a thrash 1% of the time for the odd half a mile is enormous..
I have a limited income and cannot afford to squander money wrecklessly..
When the chance came to sell the '63 and not lose too much money I jumped at the chance.

To be honest I allowed my Heart to rule my head because I had some money left to me from my dear Mum..
I felt very guilty after buying the '63 because about 3 weeks before she died, she said "Dont keep blowing your money on cars love"...

I feel less guilty now..
I have spent the excess money on paying a chunk of the mortgage off. She would have approved of that !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think the car you have now Simon is a much better example than the last one, looking forward to seeing it.

You are much the same as me, do I need an AMG version of anything, I do like the comfort angle and most of the cars that I like are only about 0.5 of a second slower.

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
People will say all sorts but you have to do what is best for you! Everyone has their vice, mine is cars, I don't smoke, hardly drink and spend most of my money on my son! I do love nice cars though and it's the one thing in life I do for myself, I work damn hard to have what I have!
I would love something old and american, preferably a 67-68 mustang! Pockets just aren't that deep!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
People will say all sorts but you have to do what is best for you! Everyone has their vice, mine is cars, I don't smoke, hardly drink and spend most of my money on my son! I do love nice cars though and it's the one thing in life I do for myself, I work damn hard to have what I have!
I would love something old and american, preferably a 67-68 mustang! Pockets just aren't that deep!

A nice sensible post, thank you. :D:D

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Simon needs to be careful - the revenue will think he is a trader at this rate :)

Seriously though, my motto is be in the right car for you at the right time. You have years left to scratch the many itches which come your way. Mine is currently a 1977 Trabant!

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Hi Mark..
I am very like you my friend.. I dont drink nor smoke and my car is my only hobby really..
I love the simplicity of American V8 engines.. They actually sound more V8 like than the '63 I had did..
My friend had the Corvette C6 pictured below..
VERY VERY fast but very easy to maintain.. Stunning car and God it didnt half handle well... Its one American car that really did go round corners well.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 21

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom