new tyres

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Its all about the sharks.

The Rainsport 4 will come with frickin' laserrrs too!

But the 4.5s will be cost-reduced and just have ill-tempered bass instead ;)

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
With ny findings these are not bad, it pee's me off that they can come in 7mm of tread, as against the normal 8mm. the grip is dated, there are many other, some from the far do have shocking performance in the rain, and not for me.

Go too soft and good re noise etc, but do not last long.

Re the Michelin I bought a brand new unused of wheels and tyres for £500. I have eaten up the rear and bought new one last year, they will soon be time for replacement again be fore the fronts need to be changed.
Not that I tried lots of different brands. My current front primacy hp mo lasted for 37k miles. Going to get them changed this Sat for sp4, thought give them a go.

I did compare with Goodyear, the guy said Goodyear is softer. Good grip but wears faster than Michelin.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Stop bullying me, it's been a long day!!!!! ;-)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Funkyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 w212 14 plate
If you can get them in your size Davanti tyres are really good and have one of the quietest ratings. Massive difference to road noise when fitted to the Mrs car.

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Must be a wonky width / aspect ratio... ;)

Probably! It has Pirelli PZero Rossi on there at the moment. The fronts are perfect but the rears will need replacing sometime soon so keeping an eye out for what's out there/recommended.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Probably! It has Pirelli PZero Rossi on there at the moment. The fronts are perfect but the rears will need replacing sometime soon so keeping an eye out for what's out there/recommended.

The general recommendation seems to be Uniroyal Rainsport 3, Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
The general recommendation seems to be Uniroyal Rainsport 3, Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3.

The only downside to those is that they are quite a soft compound, so wear rate will be higher than something like Bridgestone, which are typically quite hard.

But that's why they tend to be quiet, and grip fairly well.

If I go the Golf R route, I can see that wearing the Rainsport 3 all round... probably all year round too!

Last edited:

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!

The only downside to those is that they are quite a soft compound, so wear rate will be higher than something like Bridgestone, which are typically quite hard.

But that's why they tend to be quiet, and grip fairly well.

If I go the Golf R route, I can see that wearing the Rainsport 3 all round... probably all year round too!

The Uniroyals seem to be out, unless I get a different size so will need to look at the others.

I'd prefer quiet and grip over hardwearing overall. No rush so will explore a bit more.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom