sounds from the car.

stevegbr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C Class w204 C280 sports a
Few weeks ago i went over speed bump and heard what sounded like my exhaust had broken and was banging on the floor, took it the garage who then told me the exhaust was in perfect working order just a bit of surface corrosion, they then told me that the rear spring had broken, and three tyres were on the limit, and got those done, and they found a worn steering arm bush was worn, got that changed, i said could that cure the noise, they just said time will tell, it was alright for a couple of days and the noise is back, i know this is a hard one to diagnose, just hoping someone as had something similar. any ideas.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Something loose in the boot ?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
What does the noise sound like? Is it random or only occurring under certain conditions?

Whilst not on a Mercedes, I had a strange one develop no thanks to the damn craters on the M1 road works. Checked the car top to bottom many times over many months to no avail. Then one day got a rubber mallet and gently tapped around the tyres whilst I had my head underneath looking and pulling on stuff. Mine turned out to be the seat/pod thing that the rear spring sits on and its nut was fractionally loose. Symptoms were random metallic rattle as though the car jack was loose in the boot.

OP
stevegbr

stevegbr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The heat shield was tighten funny enough. But did not cure it. Thanks for your input though.

OP
stevegbr

stevegbr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The u
Gearbox rear mount? Assuming it has one.:cool:
The underneath as been checked and nothing found. I know this is project in progress. But you guys might think of something I haven't. Thanks.

OP
stevegbr

stevegbr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I did think of that and emptied the boot. Including the space saver wheel. Thanks for your reply.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom