Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Ive washed mine. I might spoil it and check the oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Had a £3.80 discount voucher for Shell so £3.80 / 0.15 (price difference) = 25L to bring it to the same price as normal Diesel ;);)

I’ve got a free costa on my Shell card at the moment. I might treat myself

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Booked it for major D* service at my local MB, as it's now back on Service Care Plan :p ... and then MOT three days later - obviously not at MB :rolleyes:

*D = B + service 4; 6; 8 & 20 (brake fluid, dust and air filters and ATF)

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
Got these today, replacement for the old ones which seemed tattered and worn at the end, almost like something had nibbled them. Possibly rodent damage that happened under previous ownership.

Anyway arrived in time, new intake manifold being fitted tomorrow and also aused valve cover & seal.
Looking forward to getting rid of the EML, sick of seeing it. Will be interesting to see what the short term fuel trims show afterwards.

IMG_1612.JPG

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
View attachment 56451
does this one change your mind ? :D

Yes, of course. It looks like it's no distraction for the driver. From outside the car it's still bug-ugly and probably of interest to occasional thieves. I fully recognise the value of video evidence in the event of a prang. The captured material also makes thrilling content for YouTube. I'm not about to buy one.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There are stealth camera kits that are unobtrusive or near impossible to see - especially if your mirror is black.
Novatek/Viofo A118 for example.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Yes, of course. It looks like it's no distraction for the driver. From outside the car it's still bug-ugly and probably of interest to occasional thieves. I fully recognise the value of video evidence in the event of a prang. The captured material also makes thrilling content for YouTube. I'm not about to buy one.
I put them in both cars a couple of years ago , £80 each I think . The decision came about by witnessing a couple of shocking examples of driving in one day . As to viewing the footage I’ve done it twice in two years .
I would actually now be nervous about driving without a camera

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I put them in both cars a couple of years ago , £80 each I think . The decision came about by witnessing a couple of shocking examples of driving in one day . As to viewing the footage I’ve done it twice in two years .
I would actually now be nervous about driving without a camera
Pretty much the same reason I fitted one to the Smart.
I had a complete idiot brake test me not once but twice because I hadn't overtaken a line of cars quickly enough for him on a dual carriageway, and at the end of the dual carriageway way section he squeezed me onto the verge during the first of the brake tests.
Woman behind saw it all.
About 2 miles down the road we all stopped at traffic lights (by this time he'd passed a couple if other cars). I opened my door, got out and stood up to make sure I had his reg number correct. Saw him look in the mirror and immediately he took off on the wrong side of the road, through the red light and away.
Woman behind had his details and said she was going to report him. She worked for Thames Valley Police....

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
My daily Peugeot was hit while parked at Woking railway station late last year. I love to have the culprit pay for the repair. I fully understand the merits of incriminating footage but somehow there's always something else on my list of priorities.

About 25 years ago, a crazy driver had several attempts at running me off the road. The first time we were on lanes 2 & 3 of the motorway and he forced me towards the crash barriers. I hammered on the brakes and managed to avert a likely fatal crash. I slowed right down on the nearside lane, he did too. Then he moved off onto a slip road and I assumed we'd parted ways. A couple of minutes later he'd rejoined the motorway, clearly bent on doing me harm. I took a very submissive approach, left hand lane, nice and slow. He careered across the road, attempting to push me off the hard shoulder. I never knew what made me his target, but it felt like I'd driven onto the set of 'Duel'.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
My daily Peugeot was hit while parked at Woking railway station late last year. I love to have the culprit pay for the repair. I fully understand the merits of incriminating footage but somehow there's always something else on my list of priorities.

About 25 years ago, a crazy driver had several attempts at running me off the road. The first time we were on lanes 2 & 3 of the motorway and he forced me towards the crash barriers. I hammered on the brakes and managed to avert a likely fatal crash. I slowed right down on the nearside lane, he did too. Then he moved off onto a slip road and I assumed we'd parted ways. A couple of minutes later he'd rejoined the motorway, clearly bent on doing me harm. I took a very submissive approach, left hand lane, nice and slow. He careered across the road, attempting to push me off the hard shoulder. I never knew what made me his target, but it felt like I'd driven onto the set of 'Duel'.

What on earth got him rattled then :eek:

js190d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 w201 190d 2.5/ 2002 s210 320cdi avantgarde
Oil and filter change for the 190d. Gulf tec-plus 10w40 semi synthetic & Mann filter.

Used the £12.99 Lidl electric oil pump and it worked well, so nice not having to scrabble around under the car doing an oil change.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Had a nail removed from my tyre, thankfully it was repairable. I wasn’t happy with the balance (Lots of weights), lad wasn’t happy but showed his boss who agreed with me and redid it.

They were very happy that there wasn’t any lock nuts to struggle with and I also gave them my torque wrench to tighten them with. No air guns allowed on their site.

B5CEA536-93BF-4E1C-A4A5-43787C64C467.jpeg

markdenning

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58reg.eclass 280 cdi sport
Just had a new cam sensor and brake light switch fitted..car was struggling to start lately so took her in to the local indie and they diagnosed a failing cam sensor..brake light switch was just for peace of mind.hope ur all well..

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
There are stealth camera kits that are unobtrusive or near impossible to see - especially if your mirror is black.
You can't beat the A118/119 dashcams for stealth, I have a Viofo A119s in my Audi.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
only moved the 170 from the rear to the front of the house to make a space for my VXR while it gets major surgery on its rear end

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm ashamed to admit - I'm driving with an 8yr old front camera, although the rear one is new - not even 6yrs :shock:

The front one - Blackvue 400-II was modified substantially (case, firmware, lens), and still runs both original batteries, even though I bought replacements about five years ago (should probably bin them now). The image quality is sill good, GPS works, no errors, other than occasional tantrum when the car is started, turned off and started again in quick succession ...
The rear one is Mini-0801 and is pretty much perfect too - I modified this one just a little, as I can't help it :oops: but essentially it is pretty standard.

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom