Electric cars

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I see CATL are releasing a battery rated for a million miles now.
That should help with fear of battery life!

IF? That turns out to be anywhere near accurate.. If makers current claims are anything to go by there will be a million conditions.
I like John's Duracell, out of my price range but at least you have 2 chances to get home.
Anyway, I still think hydrogen will come good, I fear there are vested interests slowing this down

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Any electric car worth buying has to be desirable and of high performance for me to take a second glance. These kind of electric cars (Porsche Panamera for example) are very heavily priced compared to the petrol turbo variants so a false economy in my opinion unless you keep it for life.
If you’re buying electric it’s to save money, so just simply buy the cheapest option available and skip the extra costs on luxuries.

cars like the Dacia duster make me sick in my mouth a little when I see them on the road, but they have an audience as people buy them. Same with electric cars unless it’s an industry leading Tesla.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
soooo..... Thankyou for all of the opinions and advice, it’s obviously a controversial subject and rightly so.
Yes they are not cheap, not matter which way it’s argued from, but it will meet my mrs wants and needs
We have placed a deposit and are collecting it next week.
For anyone out there who is indeed looking for an electric Family sized car, not a leaf or Kona sized car!
here are the facts
MG ZS EV auto exclusive in metallic blue total RRP £31,540
7 years manufacturers warranty
7 years battery warrenty
Plug in grant £3k
Mg deposit contribution £3k
Finance @1.9% nhs discount
£25,540
Trade in £3200 cash back
Total cost £22,340
The nhs discount is avalible till the end of the month June 2020

0EaHFOZQwhH2YlLNuDVKfpP_A

• Intelligent speed limit assist
  • Rotary gear selector
  • 3 Driving modes
  • Lane keep assist system (LAS) with Lane departure warning system (LDWS)
  • USB mobile phone charging function
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • Apple CarPlay
  • Blind Spot Detection (BAS)
  • 8" colour touch screen
  • iGo Navigation system
  • Android Auto
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Traffic jam assist
  • Rear cross traffic alert
  • Rear parking camera
  • 'Lights On' Remainder warning buzzer
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Trip computer
  • Power assisted steering
Wheels
  • 17" Diamond cut EV alloy wheels
  • Tyre repair kit
Safety
  • Active emergency braking with pedestrian/Bicycle detection
  • Anti rolling protection
  • Seatbelt height adjustment for front seats
  • Electric parking brake with auto hold function
  • Front passenger airbag deactivation switch
  • Front seatbelts (3-point + pretensioner + load limiter)
  • Regenerative braking system
  • Hill launch assist
  • EBA
  • Seatbelt reminder for driver and front passenger
  • 3x3 point rear seatbelts
  • Child locks on rear doors
  • Side curtain airbags
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • Dual front airbags
  • Automatic unlocking of doors in case of impact
  • Electronic Stability Programme
  • Anti-lock Brake System and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
  • Front side airbags
  • Fuel cut off safety device
Interior Features
  • Air conditioning with odour and pollutant filter
  • ISOFIX restraints on outer rear seats x2
  • 12V power sockets
  • Synthetic leather upholstery
  • Rear grab handle
  • 6 way electric adjustable drivers seat
  • 2nd row 60/40 split/fold
  • Seat back pockets
  • Boot light
  • 4 way manually adjustable passenger seat with height, reach,till and backrest
  • Front reading lights
  • Front cupholders x 2
  • Rake/reach adjustable steering wheel
  • Driver/passenger sunvisors and vanity mirrors
  • Driver's footrest
  • Internal chrome door handles
  • Illuminated switches and controls
  • Twin rear headrests
  • Glovebox
  • Front headrests
  • Leather steering wheel
  • Heated front seats
  • Front grab handles
Exterior Features
  • Panoramic sky roof
  • Front and rear electric windows with driver's one-touch up/down
  • Bi-function projection headlight
  • Manual folding rear view mirror
  • Front and rear aero wiper
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Auto headlights
  • Intelligent high beam
  • LED daytime running lights
  • Chrome side window trim
  • Follow me home headlights
  • Load carrier
  • Body colour electric heated/adjustable/folding mirrors
  • Silver roof rails
  • LED centre brake light
  • Body colour bumpers
  • Body colour door handles
  • Rear spoiler
  • Solid paint
Entertainment
  • iPod compatibility
  • 6 speaker audio system with 3D sound
  • USB/aux input socket
  • Radio/MP3 player
  • DAB audio
  • Steering wheel mounted audio controls
Security
  • Alarm system and engine immobiliser
  • Automatic latching door
  • Keyless entry and push button start system
  • Speed sensing door locks
  • Second remote key
  • Superlocking
  • Remote central locking
As copied off website

I know it’s not a Merc eqc but can’t push to £79k, so please don’t shoot me down!
I still have an E class!
Please keep us updated with it, interesting to have real world, real owner feedback :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I’m sure things will get better in time, for now the electric cars are too expensive for me to consider owning one, soulless compared to a v8.

And I am sure if you analyse the footprint from birth do death they just aren't green. Only at the point of use. Not exactly saving the planet are they ?? :rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Reactions: M80

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
And I am sure if you analyse the footprint from birth do death they just aren't green. Only at the point of use. Not exactly saving the planet are they ?? :rolleyes:
They are the current answer to the laws as implemented by governments. It’s not about saving the planet, it’s about meeting rules and regulations.
It’s why company car drivers switched to diesel

Reactions: M80

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
If you’re buying electric it’s to save money,
For me that would not be true.. Its a bonus but the actual reason would be having a car with hypercar performance but non of the crazy high costs (insurance, fuel, servicing,reliability) and having a car thats usefull for everyday life. . Believe me when i say there is nothing quite like smoothly blasting to 60 in 2.4 secs in absolute silence and completely drama free..

OP
Severnless

Severnless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI/2007/v6
Please keep us updated with it, interesting to have real world, real owner feedback :)
With pleasure.
Like I said there’s not much info out there, (hence asking on here) yes there’s YouTube with all of the Tesla stories and content from fully charged, but I’ve only managed to find a few with more main stream manufacturers cars.
If you want some real world content, look for James and Kate on YouTube, they swapped there Tesla model s for an MG ZS EV and are still raving about it 3k miles into ownership.

Thankyou for all of your replies, it’s nice to hear everyone’s view
Hope everyone is well out there
Keep safe
:)

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
For me that would not be true.. Its a bonus but the actual reason would be having a car with hypercar performance but non of the crazy high costs (insurance, fuel, servicing,reliability) and having a car thats usefull for everyday life. . Believe me when i say there is nothing quite like smoothly blasting to 60 in 2.4 secs in absolute silence and completely drama free..
I can’t think of any other driving scenario less boring and uneventful than a silent car in a straight line. Real driving is a connection to the car and the road surface, everyone is fast in a straight line and those of us that enjoy the twisties can’t bare the understeer of a heavy car like those filled with two tonne batteries.
Give me a petrol V8 any day. My previous car was a 498bhp 6.4l V8 and incredibly satisfying when I buried my lead foot :)
Swishing by in a boring car just wouldn’t interest a petrol head like me, though of course I can see the appeal of them to other drivers.

-life is short, enjoy what you enjoy.
Also to add, get the amg63 missed and you’ll see 2.5seconds off the mark but with the event of the noise !

OP
Severnless

Severnless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI/2007/v6
I can’t think of any other driving scenario less boring and uneventful than a silent car in a straight line. Real driving is a connection to the car and the road surface, everyone is fast in a straight line and those of us that enjoy the twisties can’t bare the understeer of a heavy car like those filled with two tonne batteries.
Give me a petrol V8 any day. My previous car was a 498bhp 6.4l V8 and incredibly satisfying when I buried my lead foot :)
Swishing by in a boring car just wouldn’t interest a petrol head like me, though of course I can see the appeal of them to other drivers.

-life is short, enjoy what you enjoy.

I totally agree, but I went the light weight car in the past, built 3 ‘7’ type cars and the fastest car I’ve ever owned was my VX220 Turbo, but all that’s in my past, I’m looking forward to our future!

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
NO! NO! thats wrong in every word, they should never tarnish the name of the mustang by replacing the muscle with a battery of all things:mad:
It’s just evolilution... they replaced the horse with a V8 previously...:p:D

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I can’t think of any other driving scenario less boring and uneventful than a silent car in a straight line.
A traffic jam? haha...
I used to think exactly like you, would have loved to get an amg one day - until i went in a tesla. That 2.4 secs completely changed my view..Why does everyone who experiences the tesla acceleration laugh and smile and are generally blown away and want to do it again and again, whereas a petrol just scares the cr+p out of them and they just want out ?
You may never know unless you actually try it..There are many celeb petrol heads (like yanny/car customiser) who have a go in a tesla and then comes the omg, i want one ! Whats amusing is its a family saloon, not a sports car but people keep trying to compare various sports cars to a family saloon ?
Im not trying to start a row... its all in good taste (i hope) :p
Its a unique experience with smooth linear motion.. Thats the part that makes it so much fun (plus no noisy exhausts to attract unwanted attention at the lights) ;)
Ok, so your saying about a c63 which must cost a kings ransom to upgrade if it is capable of accelerating that fast , sounds a little too quick to me, but im far from an expert.
volkwagen id-r ? the petrol engine just cannot compete... ok its a one off costing more than a kings ransom and does not go very far, but the tesla roadster hitting 100mph as quick as most performance cars can do 60, thats going to be a game changer , if it ever gets released ..
Im not at all suggesting a tesla is a brilliant car, only thats its ludicrously quick !
Personally if i wanted something that handles i would think along the lines of a lotus... Im sure severnless understands that :)

OP
Severnless

Severnless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI/2007/v6
Would love to drive in a Tesla, just for the experience, but can’t see that happening for a long time yet.
The mrs was very impressed with the instant response from the throttle on the MG, esp when going around a small round about! Made her squeal!
I’ve yet to drive it but she loves how easy the car is to control with one pedal. It is very nippy, Took the demo on the motorway today kept up with traffic no problem and as you say soooo smooooth.
All this from a paltry 140bhp and 350nm.

Last edited:

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’d it excites you then don’t hold back and regret not getting one. Money is for spending and years pass quickly so if you’re in good health and a battery car makes you smile then jump in feet first.
Think of all those two-pence-pieces you’ll get to save and can hold on to real tightly ;-)

But yeah, when I can afford a super performance Duracell I’ll end up in one like the rest of the population no doubt. Hopefully it won’t overheat and catch fire beneath my groin.
All the best on your adventure.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
just for the experience
I had absolutely no interest in electric cars.. I was still stuck in the world that most petrol heads are.
The opportunity arose and i thought why not, after all you cant knock something until youve tried it?
Also had a ride in a model X.. chose the back seat as its more like a comfy office chair. Still hard to comprehend how something so big is so damn quick

Whats that lotus evija going to be like ? Fairly Light, 2000hp and 1700 n/m of torque .
Would maybe sell my soul to go round a track in that !

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom