The inappropriate badging thread

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
I see your purple amg and raise you a pink g wagon with an e class grafted on.
Yeee Gods!!! Is there no depths of depravity that some people will go too!! Whoever owns that thing seriously needs help!......Therapy being one of them ha!! :)

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
9145a8502cf58365bf744ec707af706f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
Couldn't resist this. I don't usually show pictures that display my registration number but here we go

T55AMG.jpg

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG

I am just trying to get inside the head of someone who would do this to a car, as it appears quite common. Maybe the previous owner's 12 year old did it as a joke ? The AMG badges are cheap enough on eBay, or were.

Personally if I had a nice car like a V8 E class convertible, I would be really proud and happy with that. I would not want to spoil it by making it look like something it wasn't, a fake in other words.

Just puzzled by the motivation. It is quite possible the owner has no idea it is not an AMG, as perhaps they bought it like that, and the previous owner put the badge on to add value. It doesn't bother me, just baffles me.

Who knows. Weird.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
There’s a nice amg badge on the back of the eqs 53 coming out with amg motors in. Dive for cover :)

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
I am just trying to get inside the head of someone who would do this to a car, as it appears quite common. Maybe the previous owner's 12 year old did it as a joke ? The AMG badges are cheap enough on eBay, or were.

Personally if I had a nice car like a V8 E class convertible, I would be really proud and happy with that. I would not want to spoil it by making it look like something it wasn't, a fake in other words.

Just puzzled by the motivation. It is quite possible the owner has no idea it is not an AMG, as perhaps they bought it like that, and the previous owner put the badge on to add value. It doesn't bother me, just baffles me.

Who knows. Weird.
Excactly Mark i cannot understand why people do this?? I don't and ive got a V8

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
  • #1,358

Who knows. Weird.
1630952371874.png

I wonder how many have “ticked the box”…:rolleyes:

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
I understand where folks are coming from regarding badging BUT........

Aren't we being slightly hypocritical?

Dare I throw into the pot the........... AMG-LINE

I love the AMG, it is a beautiful vehicle and it should stand on its own right and I personally do not like this AMG-Line derivative and is it fair to cricitise folks for doing their own badge thing?

Respect to those that have an AMG-Line vehicle, I fully accept they had little to no choice regarding model type. TYhe cheaper version E-class has an extremely limited option choice. I blame the manufacturer but I guess they know what they are doing.

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
  • #1,360
I understand where folks are coming from regarding badging BUT........

Aren't we being slightly hypocritical?

Dare I throw into the pot the........... AMG-LINE

I love the AMG, it is a beautiful vehicle and it should stand on its own right and I personally do not like this AMG-Line derivative and is it fair to cricitise folks for doing their own badge thing?

Respect to those that have an AMG-Line vehicle, I fully accept they had little to no choice regarding model type. TYhe cheaper version E-class has an extremely limited option choice. I blame the manufacturer but I guess they know what they are doing.
AMG Line don't have AMG badges so no issue - it's "sporty" bodykit with uncomfortable wheels and plastic seats - Audi has S-Line and BM has M-Sport

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom