The inappropriate badging thread

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
I agree the 'AMG-Line' has no external badging but are there some AMG badges in the interior? Why on earth have AMG badged carpets in anything other than the actual AMG vehicle? :) To me, using the name AMG-line' is plain wrong, I thought if funny when Mercedes produced a diesel powered AMG. but that bever stayed the course and to me why not stay with the 211/210 derivatives of Avantgarde and Elegance? I believe that in some countries this might still be the case, but now going off topic

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
It's the wheels that make it uncomfortable, the seats are very comfortable :)
I have 19” AMG alloys on my "AMG Line" and the ride is beautiful on ABC;) & my seats are leather!

@kotecki AMG-line is just a name and on my car there is some inconspicuous stitching (pretty much hidden by the seats) on the mats. Other than that, there is the AMG logo on the genuine AMG alloys (which are corroding from the hubs outward).

Some people probably genuinely think that their 'AMG line’ is actually an AMG.

Last edited:
OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
  • #1,365
I have 19” AMG alloys on my "AMG Line" and the ride is beautiful on ABC;) & my seats are leather!

@kotecki AMG-line is just a name and on my car there is some inconspicuous stitching (pretty much hidden by the seats) on the mats. Other than that, there is the AMG logo on the genuine AMG alloys (which are corroding from the hubs outward).

Some people probably genuinely think that their 'AMG line’ is actually an AMG.
ABC is the exception that proves the rule... ;)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
There’s a nice amg badge on the back of the eqs 53 coming out with amg motors in. Dive for cover :)
My son has the E53 AMG coupé (with some sort of electric boost) . Other than the fact that it is not a V8, it is an AMG in every other aspect and will leave many earlier AMGs standing in the dust. Sadly he is going over to the dark side and has ordered a Taycan :( for delivery next year.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
My son has the E53 AMG coupé (with some sort of electric boost) . Other than the fact that it is not a V8, it is an AMG in every other aspect and will leave many earlier AMGs standing in the dust. Sadly he is going over to the dark side and has ordered a Taycan :( for delivery next year.
Friend is in sales at porsche borrowed a taycan, it went like a stabbed rat and looks nice aswell.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
You having his E63 AMG coupe, Rory? :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
You having his E63 AMG coupe, Rory? :)
E53. But yep considering it. He has it on lease but because used prices have gone up, the 2nd hand prices are going up it will benefit him to purchase it, drive it till the Taycan is delivered and sell it privately.

I’ll look at it closer to the time. Very low mileage as he got it at the start of Covid but also works a couple of miles from where he lives.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
The funny thing about AMG Line where Mercedes is concerned is that this is the entry level trim spec, or at least it is with the CLA.
All manufacturers are up to this trick - Ford with ST Line, Audi with S Line and VW with R Line, but these models are higher up the range and not entry level.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Your son is obviously doing very well for himself. :cool:
I would love to be in such a position. :)

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
My 2015 (65 plate ) AMG line Premium + CLS 350d came out of the factory with an AMG badge on the boot. Not ordered, or added? Do I have to remove it??

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
My 2015 (65 plate ) AMG line Premium + CLS 350d came out of the factory with an AMG badge on the boot. Not ordered, or added? Do I have to remove it??
The concencus is that it is an innapropriate badge. You of course do not have to remove it, but live with the fact your car may end up picced and on here and be subject of this thread

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
No. :rolleyes: :)

Top Bottom