Cyclists Unnoticed National Terrorist Squad

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I always thought a nuisance minority forcing their radical views upon others quietly enjoying their life, was called terrorism ?

I see these people have become more of a scourge on society than the ramblers association, with new Highway code rules coming in this week where they have priority over cars and have been advised to ride two abreast ! We have a whole raft of dangerous rules coming in, that will lead to greater deaths and misery and far more pollution scraping up idiots and getting the live ones to hospital. Whilst many deserve it, maiming them isn't the best way for them to get exercise or save the planet.

For example within one mile of me, these deadly green road narrowing madness lanes, have caused the death of two cyclists squashed just like most cyclists London by lorries minding their own business and driving carefully, as some halfwit cretin rides under their wheels committing suicide because they have no common sense.

Now we've altered the highway code to make the roads more congested and more dangerous

Last edited:

Tony sirett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 mercedes-benz e-class e220 cdi blueefficiency avantgarde auto
I drive buses for a living in Sheffield, if I was to give the the metre and a half space they are now entitled too I would be totally on the wrong side of the road, driving towards oncoming traffic, its not feasible to wait until its "safe" to pass as the roads are not wide enough to do that, not only that they undertake you squeezing through the tiniest of gaps that if you left them they would say your driving dangerously.
They want to ride on the roads then they should take a test, follow the same rules as other road users, pay road tax and have fully comprehensive insurance.

Yes I hate cyclists.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Wow. It’s like we’ve gone back in time to when being an inconsiderate git was acceptable.
Surely protecting the most vulnerable on the roads is a good thing no?

What a bunch of entitled *&£@#£* :)

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Any of you guys cycled in the last few years? If so you will know the reason for two abreast.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Try living in the country with narrow roads and cycling clubs that think it perfectly acceptable to go out in peloton style making overtaking close to impossible! In summer we hit this most Sunday mornings en route from our village to the local town - I take great delight in clearing the exhaust of black smoke as I floor the loud pedal going past them - on the wrong side of the road as they are taking up the entire side I'm supposed to be on! Even worse is the occasions we find a timed road race going on, either on the A28 or A20 - with racing on the Queen's highway being illegal, yet they're allowed, even putting out road signs, marshals and motorbike outriders!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Try living in the country with narrow roads and cycling clubs that think it perfectly acceptable to go out in peloton style making overtaking close to impossible! In summer we hit this most Sunday mornings en route from our village to the local town - I take great delight in clearing the exhaust of black smoke as I floor the loud pedal going past them - on the wrong side of the road as they are taking up the entire side I'm supposed to be on! Even worse is the occasions we find a timed road race going on, either on the A28 or A20 - with racing on the Queen's highway being illegal, yet they're allowed, even putting out road signs, marshals and motorbike outriders!
Same here in the Vale of York. Lovely and flat and always full of cycle clubs & VOMITS (vile old men in tights) blocking the road.
05B8FFB3-F2B4-45F0-AE47-007EE381685D.jpeg

Tony sirett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 mercedes-benz e-class e220 cdi blueefficiency avantgarde auto
Had a good one this morning, cyclist in front of me, in the middle of the lane doing 15mph in a 40 limit, best bit is there's a cycle lane along that road, what a cockwomble.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I always thought a nuisance minority forcing their radical views upon others quietly enjoying their life, was called terrorism ?

I see these people have become more of a scourge on society than the ramblers association, with new Highway code rules coming in this week where they have priority over cars and have been advised to ride two abreast ! We have a whole raft of dangerous rules coming in, that will lead to greater deaths and misery and far more pollution scraping up idiots and getting the live ones to hospital. Whilst many deserve it, maiming them isn't the best way for them to get exercise or save the planet.

For example within one mile of me, these deadly green road narrowing madness lanes, have caused the death of two cyclists squashed just like most cyclists London by lorries minding their own business and driving carefully, as some halfwit cretin rides under their wheels committing suicide because they have no common sense.

Now we've altered the highway code to make the roads more congested and more dangerous
Yep I can't imagine anyone being safer on the roads.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Well this was thought up while Boris was on a drunken spree ar his lock down party. We now need a law that all bikes on the roads must take a 12 monthly tests like a cars mot . And have each rider to take out a road tax and insurance . Fair is fair .

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
I've nothing against cyclists and always allow them room and right of way (if it is their right of way), not only to help them, but to protect my car from damage. What is annoying is that we now have a situation where a non-tested rider on a non-tested bike, with no insurance and no tax takes priority over someone who has passed a test, has their car regularly inspected for safety, fully insured and paying a fee to use the road. That doesn't seem right!!!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Why do people think that a cyclist is only a cyclist?
You do realise that many also have a car right? :rolleyes:
but having insurance & a licence for my car doesn't allow me to use them for my motorbike & I need insurance for each vehicle I use on the road. It's not really that that cheeses me off, it's their sense of entitlement to use the road as above en mass so that no bugger can pass. There's a road near me from the motor way to an industrial park where there is a 10' wide cycle path along side it ..... they refuse to use, despite the size of the vehicles they seem to want to pick a fight with.
There used to be an entitled cyclist on here that used to post his pictures & videos of why he was being picked on by motorist ..... it was frequently pointed out that there was a cycle path nearby or that perhaps he could/should have slowed down like the rest of the road users or not try to be a smart 4rse & cycle up the inside of traffic when there wasn't really the room to do so. He doesn't post here anymore. :rolleyes:

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
There are loads of different types of cyclist and I really think it is very ignorant to group them all together ;)
It is not PC to group people by race, sex, religion etc so why is it deemed acceptable?

I'm not one for lycra but do use one in London for commuting short distances and the changes are very much appreciated.
Mainly to stop black cabs and other vehicles cutting across you when they are turning left.
BTW, as a Santander hire user, we do actually have third party insurance too.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I've nothing against cyclists and always allow them room and right of way (if it is their right of way), not only to help them, but to protect my car from damage. What is annoying is that we now have a situation where a non-tested rider on a non-tested bike, with no insurance and no tax takes priority over someone who has passed a test, has their car regularly inspected for safety, fully insured and paying a fee to use the road. That doesn't seem right!!!
You've also got to watch out for all the electric scooters going around at ~30mph

OP
B

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
they go around behaving no better than the taliban, causing misery and disruption on others just because they can - hence the title of the thread

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Sadly part of the reason its deemed necessary to have insurance when biking because theres so many assholes behind the wheel who think its perfectly legit to squeeze past you at 60+ at less than a foot from you. Some of you guys should try it sometime, it can make the hairs stand on your neck to say the least.

Top Bottom