Time to think about car covers....

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Its that time of year folks - many cars are put on SORN from now, but protection of your prized asset over the winter is now pressing - my car this morning was covered in condensation, which means its on the chassis as well as the bodywork.

Please have a look at our site carcovershop.co.uk which focusses on storage and protection products:
Covers - indoor, outdoor, off the shelf, custom made, breathable, waterproof and combinations of those features

Battery Conditioners - we stock CTEK and Accumate units - special offer on CTEK 5.0 Value Pack only £89.99 - £10 more than just the Conditioner with a host of extra goodies ! https://morethanpolish.com/product/ctek-mxs5-0-value-pack

Dehumidifiers - long standing stockists of Meaco cold weather optimised units (I have one myself)

AirChambers - stockists for almost 20 years

Waterproofandbreathablecover_on_Merc_SL_R107_1_001.jpg Red stretch cover Mercedes CLC 2.jpg

Andy Palfrey Mercedes.jpg

CTEK MXS5.0 Value Pack.jpg

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I have a carcoon, as its outside. I would have preffered an air chamber type product, as putting the car inside the carcoon is a massive faff, and involves rolling heavy carcoon stuff over the top of the car.

Alastairp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK200 coupe (now gone) 2011 R230 SL350 2014 C220 estate
Ordered the "value pack" but received the basic charger/ maintainer.

Paid £89.99 + £4.75 carriage.

Have e-mailed but no response yet.

Was going to order a cover, but it is on a separate website and I would need to pay carriage twice.

Glad I didn't - not particularly impressed.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Monsoon all winter cover on Ebay right now be sure its got the pockets for wing mirrors to go in if they dont have them the cover lifts up as it goes over the mirrors Had mine 6 years this year i am very happy with it . But i also use thermal sheets on the car first .notice 4 air flaps on the roof to let air circulate.. loooooo.jpg

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Ordered the "value pack" but received the basic charger/ maintainer.

Paid £89.99 + £4.75 carriage.

Have e-mailed but no response yet.

Was going to order a cover, but it is on a separate website and I would need to pay carriage twice.

Glad I didn't - not particularly impressed.
Hi Alastair
Please contact me via DM or phone us on 01780 749449 and we will correct this.
All our covers are on both sites (morethanpolish and carcovershop - raceglaze doesnt have all the covers) and are the same price on both sites, so you can combine the order, or again, call us and we can do it with you

Last edited:
OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Monsoon all winter cover on Ebay right now be sure its got the pockets for wing mirrors to go in if they dont have them the cover lifts up as it goes over the mirrors Had mine 6 years this year i am very happy with it . But i also use thermal sheets on the car first .notice 4 air flaps on the roof to let air circulate.. View attachment 80059
Air flaps are virtually useless beyond a radius of about 6", and if you have other sheets under it, will have no effect whatsoever.

These covers are PVC coated meaning they are not breathable, though will be waterproof of course, so any moisture under the vehicle (existing when the cover was put on, in the fibres of a cabrio hood or condensation) will be trapped underneath and have the potential to cause microblisters and a respray.

We stopped selling such covers about 8 years ago for this reason.

Any Cabriolet needs a breathable cover to prevent a damp environment allowing mould and algae to grow, so I certainly wouldnt recommend a waterproof only cover for those.

Our Waterproof & Breathable cover offers the best of both worlds, and for something like a C-Class is £229. These are the covers you can see here featured on a neighbours Mercedes (base of page): https://www.carcovershop.co.uk/Car-Waterproof-Breathable-Covers.asp

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
You dont know anything about my car cover, or the thermal sheets that i use ,so please stick to what you do know .I had no problems with my cover or sheets i use .I do inspect the car every so often and its a dry as one in a garage .Six years its done me good steed and will do for many more ,.so if you can sell one of your inferior covers feel free to do so . And i have used breathable car covers that let rain through on the first rainfall . a lot like a new tent .

Alastairp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK - no response.

I am sending the package back and would like a full refund

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Yes - sent DM on here yesterday as well as previous e-mail sent to the business directly.

No response to any communication
Did you call ?

Alastairp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why should I?

I am only the customer and have already contacted them by 3 different methods - by direct e-mail upon receipt, on this forum (where I saw the offer originally) and by DM as posted on here.

I can also add, that nobody from the supplier has attempted to contact me.

Poor service in my opinion so the package is going back today.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why should I?
To get some customer service...;)

Many businesses are just too busy to answer emails as they're solid with work - phone calls tend to get answered and issues can be quickly resolved.

There are many posts on here where people complain that Indies, dealerships, parts departments and other suppliers never respond to emails, it's almost always because they're just too busy with face to face and phone calls.

Alastairp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am running a business and am also very busy answering emails and telephone calls and generally dealing with incompetent professionals.

Resolution would have been very simple by communicating, for example:

"We are sorry - we are out of stock/ we cocked up/ made a mistake or some other simple explanation.

We will send on the missing items from your order, or, if you return the package to us we will send out the correct item by return and compensate you for the return postage."

But no, nothing except a post on here to send a DM - by this post, they acknowledge that they know about the issue but have chosen to not respond to the 3 separate communications.

But I take your point - it is all my fault and I am just being unreasonable.

Alastairp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now ordered for £79.99 from Amazon - the £10 saving will more than cover the return postage to the original poster on here who is too busy to respond to unreasonable customers who have not received what they ordered.

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
For general customer information, and thank you Blobcat for your helpful support.

I only go on here once a day (we support many forums so I cant spend all day checking them all), hence missed the message yesterday afternoon, and this mornings at 09:42 - Forums is not the first thing I look at I'm afraid. They are an inappropriate way to complain or get information to a company in my opinion, and create lots of negative press which is often unwarranted. Our phones are manned from 9am to 5:30 pm daily - by us, no call centre btw.

By DM I have just offered to pay return postage costs and send out the correct item, given my direct e-mail address and phone number, and my apologies.

I'm sure Amazon will give their customers amazing knowledge on the appropriateness of the products they sell and support small businesses run by enthusiasts who may have actually been able to advise that in some cases, a smaller charger may have been more appropriate at considerably less cost.

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
You dont know anything about my car cover, or the thermal sheets that i use ,so please stick to what you do know .I had no problems with my cover or sheets i use .I do inspect the car every so often and its a dry as one in a garage .Six years its done me good steed and will do for many more ,.so if you can sell one of your inferior covers feel free to do so . And i have used breathable car covers that let rain through on the first rainfall . a lot like a new tent .
My post was mainly to advise others who may go down the same route. I do know about your cover, I've been advising on covers for 20 years btw.

And as you know nothing about our so called 'inferior covers' please retract that comment as its commercially damaging and unproven. Our Waterproof & Breathable covers are correctly named, and we, unlike many, make it clear that our Breathable (only) covers are NOT waterproof.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
But I take your point - it is all my fault and I am just being unreasonable.
Struggling to see where I advised it was your fault…:oops:

I was sharing experience from the forum to try and help you…

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
So u guess ur breathable covers are only designed for indoors?

Alastairp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fo
Struggling to see where I advised it was your fault…:oops:

I was sharing experience from the forum to try and help you…
Apologies:

But I take your point - it is all my fault and I am just being unreasonable.:oops:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom