Thanks to all on this forum!!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Whilst I am a MOD, I dont do much "Modding".

I thought I would touch base on an SLK forum (I wont name it) and see what sort of discussions where going on to assist with the search for an AMG SLK.

I joined and within 20 minutes, I had 4 PM's saying my name (alexanderfoti) cannot be used as its advertising my business. When I mentioned that I had chosen the "business lite" type profile, they said "It cannot contain any information abot your business, or adveristse in any way. I did then ask what the point of the business listing was?

Logging in, I had multiple PM's saying things like:
1672952241030.png
There were a few others.

Now, I get trying to keep out rif raf etc, but as I was flagging these multiple emails I thought "blimey, this feels like another job".

So, thanks for being all down to earth on this forum and having your heads screwed on correctly (members and staff!)

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Some forums, no matter what the subject, are so far up themselves it is actually funny. At the other extreme some forums let trolls get away with anything, and the "official" MB club is a classic example, although with all the changes last year it might have improved. Thankfully this forum manages to be level headed.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Yes, indeed, as has been stated many times on here this is one of the best car forums on the net sometimes people on other forums forget the ethos of helping others - life is a mix it happens unfortunately

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
I completely agree - this is by far the best car forum I know of. We can all have a good laugh, help each other out, and there is no WOKE nonsense or patronising put downs.

I am not actually sure who the moderators are, other than Blobcat, but all I can say is, they have the balance perfect; long may it last!

I think a lot of forums forget that us members are sort of customers, because if we do not visit and post, there is no forum content. Too many forum mods are disrespectful to the posters, and treat them like children... this discourages members with character and you are left with the dull ones. Forums like that tend to get overly technical and as a result become very boring.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I completely agree - this is by far the best car forum I know of. We can all have a good laugh, help each other out, and there is no WOKE nonsense or patronising put downs.

I am not actually sure who the moderators are, other than Blobcat, but all I can say is, they have the balance perfect; long may it last!

I think a lot of forums forget that us members are sort of customers, because if we do not visit and post, there is no forum content. Too many forum mods are disrespectful to the posters, and treat them like children... this discourages members with character and you are left with the dull ones. Forums like that tend to get overly technical and as a result become very boring.
TLDR…:rolleyes::p

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Perhaps as bad is to join a forum for help and the responses are childish, nowt to do with the request, and blowing their own trumpet as to what they have and have done.
I could name a couple of car forums where go faster stripes are the most they can offer as technical assistance. But I wont.

Over the last couple of days I've tried to join a couple of closed Faceache pages to learn and share about our handful of a Caucasion Shepherd 'Ovcharka' dog. I do as I can to avoid Faceache tbh, but if that is where the help is.
I totally get, and agree, that they don't want puppy farm breeders so try to weed out those, but some of the application questions seem pointless.

"What does Ovcharka mean". I didn't have to Google to find it's Russian for shepherd dog. But if I don't know does that make me undesirable to the group?

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Faceache, Snapcrap, Whatsup, Instagran etc etc, never have and never will be interested in any of them, that's probably just me. :oops: I'll stick with this Forum it does for me. :)

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Some forums, no matter what the subject, are so far up themselves it is actually funny. At the other extreme some forums let trolls get away with anything, and the "official" MB club is a classic example, although with all the changes last year it might have improved. Thankfully this forum manages to be level headed.
Be interesting to know how many people received bans on the “official” mb club lol @Woodleigh

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
This one is my favourite. I feel most comfortable here. I’m on the “other” merc forum, and although I feel reasonably respected there I’m never quite as relaxed as here. I do frequent a few others, and it’s interesting to see the demographic that follows each marque. The BMW M3 forums seem to be populated with bodybuilders for some reason ;)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
This one is my favourite. I feel most comfortable here. I’m on the “other” merc forum, and although I feel reasonably respected there I’m never quite as relaxed as here. I do frequent a few others, and it’s interesting to see the demographic that follows each marque. The BMW M3 forums seem to be populated with bodybuilders for some reason ;)
They’re trying to compensate for the ‘roids…:eek:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom