Possible EV.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
spotify is good, the car tracker is good ,sentry mode is just brilliant, as i said the ice is the best sound i have ever heard , i would say not far off from our living room setup and thats bose, heating the car for 5 mins in winter in defrost mode is just brilliant and is set on my phone, makes you lazy but very convienient imo.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
There is better in car technology in all new cars, so I don't see how that differentiates an electric car.

Good to hear Tesla fit a decent sound system though; a lot of manufacturers charge extra for that.

I'd love to have one, but on paper the feeble savings in fuel are no where near enough to justify their higher buying prices of the car itself; but then again if you were about to buy a brand new S class the costs may not seem so bad.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
There are a few Mercedes EV owners on here who have returned to ICE, but I'm not sure why they didn't get on with EV ownership.

I'd assumed if I ever were able to afford an EV I would love the silent performance, but I have never actually had the pleasure.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
This is the colour I fancy. :)
20230808_203934.jpg 20230808_203859.jpg 20230808_203817.jpg

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I'd happily have an electric car, its just the costs that put me off. You still get a better car buying Diesel or Petrol on the used market.

But if I ever do go electric... I'd rather something like this...

I would hope I did not have to change to an MPV at the same time as the switch to electric, which is effectively what most EVs on the market are.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I love my V8s but I'd happily have an EV if the cost wasn't so high.

Not all are ugly either. As a bread and butter EV the Mustang Mach E looks quite nice as does the Skoda Enyaq Coupe.
I don't mind the Taycan (in spite of it being a Porsche). I like the anonymity of the Tesla Model S and Model 3 too.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
For me, advice is more valuable if it comes from someone who has owned an EV.
Yep but they are never going to admit that they made a bad decision buying an (overpriced) EV. It is human nature to reinforce your own decision by getting others to do the same thing.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi

I think it's nice - a bit like the Lamborghini SUV.

Don't get me wrong I would not have one, as I'm just not an SUV person (I would not have the Mustang Mach E either), and its not really my taste. But as far as they go I think its a nice design, and I bet it's terrific value being an MG.

I think the chinese are doing well with this brand, and one of my work colleagues has the saloon.

Do you know what though... if I had to have an electric SUV I would actually go for the Skoda Enyak. I saw one in Holland and I confess I was very impressed with it. But they are incredibly expensive for what is a budget car; I am actually financially better off driving my V8 CL500.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The greenest thing you can do is keep your ICE car on the road as long as you can. Until we contain global emissions from manufacturing and shipping very little will change it’s how we get to the end of the century without doing too much damage to the climate/environment that counts it’s going to take that long to bring the world to net zero on emissions IMO - hopefully

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
I would be the first to say if this car or any car was not as good as expected as it makes no odds what others think of my decision, i buy things because i like em and nowt else . most folk dont buy an ev because they want to save the planet but because they want to try something new, i have had mercs for nearly 40 years and in that time imo quality of the car and components have changed and are no better than any other brands for much cheaper money, i have the best built merc of all time and its still a great car @44 years old, buy for yourself op as you will be the one driving it and the car looks great!!.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
The greenest thing you can do is keep your ICE car on the road as long as you can. Until we contain global emissions from manufacturing and shipping very little will change it’s how we get to the end of the century without doing too much damage to the climate/environment that counts it’s going to take that long to bring the world to net zero on emissions IMO - hopefully
I completely agree, best thing is to keep your car going for as long as possible, without causing the production of a brand new car. But that assumes there actually is a need to reduce CO2...

I have done as much research as I can to form my own opinion, and I firmly believe there is no global emergency, and I take comfort that even Elon Musk who owns Tesla shares that opinion. It seems mainly politicians, celebrities and radical protestors share the belief that we are destroying the planet. Money probably plays a big part in it all; and I can imagine it's those who are profiting from Green initiatives that brainwash some of the protestors.

But I will concede that an EV will help in the city, where a localised improvement in air quality can only be a good thing. I think that's where they come into their own. For carrot crunchers like me in the countryside, I don't think they really make much sense yet.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom