MBO MEMBERS WARRANTY - WARRANTYWISE

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Hi guys

Taking in to account all comments thus far on this thread, we will be discussing the issues raised with management and underwriters this afternoon. Please bear with us in this time, as we will endeavour to come back with an update before the end of the week.

Thanks for your input thus far

Kind Regards
Warrantywise

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
After I had my quote, I had 6 messages left on my voicemail offering special discounts and when I ignored those, I started getting the special offer texts from "Quentin Wilson".

If you want respect from potential customers, treat them with respect and offer your best price first time?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
After I had my quote, I had 6 messages left on my voicemail offering special discounts and when I ignored those, I started getting the special offer texts from "Quentin Wilson".

If you want respect from potential customers, treat them with respect and offer your best price first time?

Thats very nice of Quentin he must be very busy.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208

I dont think any product you can buy has this on offering. In my own business field, its standard practice to have a stock rate card where all prices start from, then discounts are applied after negotiatiion

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I shall ask them in Sainsburys.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
mmmmmm...I'll try that with my motor insurance next time then.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I dont think any product you can buy has this on offering. In my own business field, its standard practice to have a stock rate card where all prices start from, then discounts are applied after negotiatiion

I'm sure that's correct in the commercial business world, but this is a consumer product. If you ask for a quote, that's what it should be....not a starting point for negotiation. They clearly rely on most people accepting the inflated initial price.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK...bad example!! But you get my drift.

RichardSmith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 SLC43 AMG; Nissan 300zx; Range Rover Evoque
Don't want to be over negative with a supporter of the forum, but I think this has been touched on in earlier posts - your premiums are way, way higher than your competition and as yet, I've not seen a single justification for that.

Sorry ;)

I have to agree with this to be honest.....

.....the warranty on my 09 SLK350 expires at the end of this month and I received a quote from Warrantywise of almost £900. And that was with just £50 p/h labour rates and excluding the media system and other toys.

MB themselves have offered to extend the current warranty for £600 - and that's the top-line cover, including everything, before I have been bothered to call them and see if they are open to movement on the price!

Richard:shock:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Just thought I'd try you for a quote:

Really? A 2004 CLK? £762 a year? And only £50ph labour.

I have a similar car to you and I'm on a rolling monthly policy with WD for £43/mth, and that's with main dealer labour cover, no excess and no wear and tear deduction. Claim limit is value of car.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
When you see someone like Quentin Wilson or any other celeb trying to sell you a product ..you should be very suspicious indeed.. It says to me that the actual product aint up to much..

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Good morning all

We apologise for the delay in coming back to you. Our underwriting team will be discussing the pricing on all Mercedes models this week. The consensus from all who have commented on this thread is of paramount importance to us in our attempts to continually improve our products and service.

Warrantywise will never shy away from the fact that we aren't the cheapest on the market, preferring to focus on the promise that your repair claims will be paid. The truth is that many of our competitors will quote a ridiculously cheap price at inception to obtain your business, but then when it comes to you making a repair claim, difficulties arise surrounding the payment of these repairs, with some companies giving quite ludicrous reasons as to why they won't be paying out. As you can imagine we hear many horror stories. It's important to remember that if you think the price is too good to be true, that is probably the case.

Despite this, the prices quoted and the feedback thus far is a cause for concern, hence the course of action that is now in effect.

We will be back on this thread before the end of the week with an update.

Many Thanks
Warrantywise

blaser24nig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning SL350 - Gone
Ok Ok, I am keeping my car and although didnt want any more warranty I have now decided to continue with warranty direct.

Luxury care,
comand,
catalyc (?) converter,
£25 excess,
20% parts contribution from me,
Franchised dealer labour rates up to £200 p/h,
£590 paid in 4 instalments interest free.

Me tinks this is a good deal as my car is over 6 years old and 62,000 miles...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have never seen a ridiculously low quote most are too high and offer poor value for money.
The market looks very attractive so I would imagine there will be some new entrants to the market and things will become more competitive.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Warranty Direct and Safe and Sound appear to be the ones that are making the news

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Ive tried Warranty Direct, they did'nt pay on 3 occasions saying part not covered,:mad: did look into Warrantywise but when questioned Quentin Wilson about oil seals ie on the inlet to Turbo's on V6 CDI's I was told not covered and oil seals on diffferentials were not covered and oil seals on autoboxes all not covered,:confused:.

I had a policy with Autoprotect, this warranty was so bad they baulked on every claim I ever attempted to make.

There is one company I would certainly recommend and thats my current insurer Jaguar Extended Warranty which I have on my Jaguar XF, this plan is administered by Car Care Plan of Yorkshire.

I had a policy with them on my Mercedes E Class and they were brilliant paid out on every claim.
I was offered the same policy for my Jaguar and had to make a claim within the first 3 months of interception the Diff started leaking, and eventually after 3 attempts to stop the leak Jaguar replaced the propshaft/diff/driveshafts as a whole on my car, the claim was paid without hassle and I was even provided with a loan car throughout, the cost of this single claim was over £2.5k.

My policy cost £950 for 1 year and that covers virtually all the items covered by the standard manufacturers warranty, and covers full main dealer labour charges.

As oil seals can be the cause of many expensive failures on Mercedes cars,
I would ask if your insurer covers them, also after mutiple e mails to and from Quentin Wilson asking what is and is'nt covered by Warrantywise he conceded that his company could not cover what Car Care Plan covered and he believed that Car Care Plan were the benchmark in the Warranty Industry.

Alfie

Last edited:

blaser24nig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning SL350 - Gone
I think with all this 3rd party warranty, you have to haggle and make sure they put you on the highest or closest to level of cover. With my SL for this year they tried to downgrade me to the dreaded "listed parts covered" level and increase the price, I flatly declined and when I finally rang back to sort it, I was put back on the luxury care cover which covers basically everything just like a new car warranty and also got a lower price. So for me I just wouldn't get no warranty that lists endless parts not covered and lists a few covered, I will rather just save my money and hope for the best.

snail

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B200
Is he any relation to Quentin Willson, the TV presenter?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom