MBO MEMBERS WARRANTY - WARRANTYWISE

markg14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class Sport C220 CDI 2007
Ive tried Warranty Direct, they did'nt pay on 3 occasions saying part not covered,:mad: did look into Warrantywise but when questioned Quentin Wilson about oil seals ie on the inlet to Turbo's on V6 CDI's I was told not covered and oil seals on diffferentials were not covered and oil seals on autoboxes all not covered,:confused:.

I had a policy with Autoprotect, this warranty was so bad they baulked on every claim I ever attempted to make.

There is one company I would certainly recommend and thats my current insurer Jaguar Extended Warranty which I have on my Jaguar XF, this plan is administered by Car Care Plan of Yorkshire.

I had a policy with them on my Mercedes E Class and they were brilliant paid out on every claim.
I was offered the same policy for my Jaguar and had to make a claim within the first 3 months of interception the Diff started leaking, and eventually after 3 attempts to stop the leak Jaguar replaced the propshaft/diff/driveshafts as a whole on my car, the claim was paid without hassle and I was even provided with a loan car throughout, the cost of this single claim was over £2.5k.

My policy cost £950 for 1 year and that covers virtually all the items covered by the standard manufacturers warranty, and covers full main dealer labour charges.

As oil seals can be the cause of many expensive failures on Mercedes cars,
I would ask if your insurer covers them, also after mutiple e mails to and from Quentin Wilson asking what is and is'nt covered by Warrantywise he conceded that his company could not cover what Car Care Plan covered and he believed that Car Care Plan were the benchmark in the Warranty Industry.

Alfie

I had a policy on a W202 with Warranty Direct, and my experience with them was that they are a bunch of t0ssers. Particularly a "Mr Hemmings" who I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with.

The car was imported (new) from Holland, and at the time only came with a 1-year manufacturers warranty. I extended this to 3 years with WD.

2 injectors failed after 53,000 miles, and they wanted to replace them with reconditioned injectors, which I objected to. After a lot of argument and heated discussion they finally relented and agreed to replace the injectors with OE parts.

Further, they refused to pay for an aluminium cover that had been heat-damaged by the leaking injectors, and insisted that I pay for that myself.

Total bill for the work was £1700, and WD had still not reimbursed me after 6 weeks.

When I rang them, they said that if I paid £25 I could promote the status of the claim to "Express", and be paid within a week!

Sheer blackmail, and I would never have anything to do with this warranty company again.

If they are the best (self-proclaimed) warranty company, I dread to think of the worst.

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Ive tried Warranty Direct, they did'nt pay on 3 occasions saying part not covered,:mad: did look into Warrantywise but when questioned Quentin Wilson about oil seals ie on the inlet to Turbo's on V6 CDI's I was told not covered and oil seals on diffferentials were not covered and oil seals on autoboxes all not covered,:confused:.

I had a policy with Autoprotect, this warranty was so bad they baulked on every claim I ever attempted to make.

There is one company I would certainly recommend and thats my current insurer Jaguar Extended Warranty which I have on my Jaguar XF, this plan is administered by Car Care Plan of Yorkshire.

I had a policy with them on my Mercedes E Class and they were brilliant paid out on every claim.
I was offered the same policy for my Jaguar and had to make a claim within the first 3 months of interception the Diff started leaking, and eventually after 3 attempts to stop the leak Jaguar replaced the propshaft/diff/driveshafts as a whole on my car, the claim was paid without hassle and I was even provided with a loan car throughout, the cost of this single claim was over £2.5k.

My policy cost £950 for 1 year and that covers virtually all the items covered by the standard manufacturers warranty, and covers full main dealer labour charges.

As oil seals can be the cause of many expensive failures on Mercedes cars,
I would ask if your insurer covers them, also after mutiple e mails to and from Quentin Wilson asking what is and is'nt covered by Warrantywise he conceded that his company could not cover what Car Care Plan covered and he believed that Car Care Plan were the benchmark in the Warranty Industry.

Alfie
Please view this page for what our various warranty levels covers - http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/car-warranty/whats-covered/- We have listed a small section from the 04/40 & 06/60 plans below:

04/40 - Oil Seals Included:
Engine, gearbox, differential, camshaft, rocker box
and turbocharger oil seals, also including sump to
engine oil seal, causing a major oil leak (dripping oil)
necessitating immediate replacement (excludes worn
collars and shafts).

06/60 - Oil Seals Included::
Engine, gearbox and differential oil seals where the removal of the unit is essential in order to carry out a repair, causing a major oil leak (dripping oil) necessitating immediate replacement (excludes worn collars and shafts).

You'll see from our other levels that oil seals are covered on those too.

As for the comments regarding Car Care Plan, If you could pm that correspondence we would appreciate it. As I'm sure you all can comprehend we are not in the business of providing such endorsement for a rival competitor. It would be counterproductive to say the very least.

Many Thanks
Warrantywise

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I had a policy on a W202 with Warranty Direct, and my experience with them was that they are a bunch of t0ssers. Particularly a "Mr Hemmings" who I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with.

The car was imported (new) from Holland, and at the time only came with a 1-year manufacturers warranty. I extended this to 3 years with WD.

2 injectors failed after 53,000 miles, and they wanted to replace them with reconditioned injectors, which I objected to. After a lot of argument and heated discussion they finally relented and agreed to replace the injectors with OE parts.

Further, they refused to pay for an aluminium cover that had been heat-damaged by the leaking injectors, and insisted that I pay for that myself.

Total bill for the work was £1700, and WD had still not reimbursed me after 6 weeks.

[I]When I rang them, they said that if I paid £25 I could promote the status of the claim to "Express", and be paid within a week![/I]

Sheer blackmail, and I would never have anything to do with this warranty company again.

If they are the best (self-proclaimed) warranty company, I dread to think of the worst.

They want £25 to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Quote:Warrantywisegearbox and differential oil seals where the removal of the unit is essential in order to carry out a repair, causing a major oil leak (dripping oil) necessitating immediate replacement (excludes worn collars and shafts).

Well need I say more??
If an oil seal on a Mercedes 320 V6 CDI Turbo Inlet failed and leaked oil onto the swirl flap motor and destroyed it (a common problem) NO POLICY YOU HAVE WOULD COVER IT, as the engine or gearbox would not have to be removed to replace the seal..... the same can be said for the damage to the gearbox electronic control unit on 7G gearboxes caused by a faulty oil seal that can be replaced without removing the gearbox.........also if the oil seal in the differential failed (another seal that can be replaced without removing the differential )so that would'nt be covered either... so I think my post was correct dont you?
Very clever wording in my opinion.

Also your Quentin Wilson told me this in an e mail (which if nesessary I could find on my old computer if you fancy a bun fight about it) the e mail about him stating that Car Care Plan are the benchmark is also still on my old computer.
I am not going to get into an argument with you about what Warrantywise covers or more to the point what you dont cover:rolleyes: I will let the members who have policies with your company find out when a claim arises.

It may be a good idea to ask Quentin Wilson what he is saying to potential customers, then you could all sing from the same hymn book.

Your next reply should be very carefully worded in case a future claimant uses your reply to strengthen a claim for oil seal replacement.

Last edited:
OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Quote:Warrantywisegearbox and differential oil seals where the removal of the unit is essential in order to carry out a repair, causing a major oil leak (dripping oil) necessitating immediate replacement (excludes worn collars and shafts).

Well need I say more??
If an oil seal on a Mercedes 320 V6 CDI Turbo Inlet failed and leaked oil onto the swirl flap motor and destroyed it (a common problem) NO POLICY YOU HAVE WOULD COVER IT, as the engine or gearbox would not have to be removed to replace the seal..... the same can be said for the damage to the gearbox electronic control unit on 7G gearboxes caused by a faulty oil seal that can be replaced without removing the gearbox.........also if the oil seal in the differential failed (another seal that can be replaced without removing the differential )so that would'nt be covered either... so I think my post was correct dont you?
Very clever wording in my opinion.

Also your Quentin Wilson told me this in an e mail (which if nesessary I could find on my old computer if you fancy a bun fight about it) the e mail about him stating that Car Care Plan are the benchmark is also still on my old computer.
I am not going to get into an argument with you about what Warrantywise covers or more to the point what you dont cover:rolleyes: I will let the members who have policies with your company find out when a claim arises.

It may be a good idea to ask Quentin Wilson what he is saying to potential customers, then you could all sing from the same hymn book.

Your next reply should be very carefully worded in case a future claimant uses your reply to strengthen a claim for oil seal replacement.
Our presence on this forum as an authorised supporter is entirely focussed on providing an educational and informative service. It is also a vital tool for us in improving our service. The last thing we want to do is make people people feel otherwise. We apologise for making you feel in any way that we were trying to cause a debate as this is simply not the case.

To include a link to our 'what's covered' page in this case, was to inform MBO members of what was covered when it comes to oil seals, due to the fact it had been mentioned in a forum post.

As mentioned in previous posts in this thread, we are currently in talks with our underwriting and management teams in regards to our plan prices, a direct response to feedback on this forum. An update concerning this will be posted across the group site before the end of the week.

Many Thanks
Warrantywise

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
You also need to support older cars as your competitors do....

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
You also need to support older cars as your competitors do....

Exactly. Who cares about coverage up to 4yrs/40K and even 6/60 is isn't much use?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

It would seem that Car Care Plan policies aren't available directly public and I would expect the one that you've got in Jaguar's name to be handled in a similar way to, say, the Mondial adminstered warranty on used BMW is.

However I do note that you can buy a Care Car Plan through the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) which I happen to be a member of through my wife. I just did a quote through the CSMA and it looks very comparable in price and coverage to the WD policy I've got, although a show-stopper for me would be the individual claim limit on my car of £2K - I really only have the warranty to guard against catastrophic problems so having one and then being refused cover would be a bit of a disaster.

Last edited:
OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Exactly. Who cares about coverage up to 4yrs/40K and even 6/60 is isn't much use?
Sorry guys.

I'm not sure if you know but we cover up to 10 years old and 100,000 miles?

Thanks
Warrantywise

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
is that upto 10 years or 100,000 miles which ever is first?
Yes. So if the vehicle exceeds either then we won't be able to cover. In rare cases we may be able to make exceptions, if the vehicle is just outside the threshold for example. Again though, this is case dependent.

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
It would seem that Car Care Plan policies aren't available directly public and I would expect the one that you've got in Jaguar's name to be handled in a similar way to, say, the Mondial adminstered warranty on used BMW is.

However I do note that you can buy a Care Car Plan through the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) which I happen to be a member of through my wife. I just did a quote through the CSMA and it looks very comparable in price and coverage to the WD policy I've got, although a show-stopper for me would be the individual claim limit on my car of £2K - I really only have the warranty to guard against catastrophic problems so having one and then being refused cover would be a bit of a disaster.

Hi Rory,
I agree if £2k was the claim limit on my car I would'nt entertain such a policy:(, the claim limit on my Jaguar is £18,500 which they deem as current market value.:D

Alfie

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Yes. So if the vehicle exceeds either then we won't be able to cover. In rare cases we may be able to make exceptions, if the vehicle is just outside the threshold for example. Again though, this is case dependent.

But again your competitors do offer this. I have a 10 yr old SL with 60k on the clock... It will run for another 100k miles easily ... But as its 10 yrs you don't want to know ... So you take the view that you don't want to take anything at all risky ..explains why your premiums are so high when compared to others ... You are maximising your revenue with minimum risk .... Good business logic but it doesn't half discourage the guys here from going with you... Wonder how many here have warranties have them with you guys?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Just had a though, who actually regulates these organisations? as looking at the documentation it looks like their unregulated!

My advise is, get a quote from them, see what the monthly premium is and then start a savings account with a standing order going into it every pay day for the same. If your car never breaks hey you have money for a new car or anything you want, and if it does go wrong well it's gonna hurt handing the money over but not too much, and less than claiming and finding out your not covered for that type of fault/repair

ok rant over i'll be quiet again now :lol:

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT

Yes.... but I would imagine a term known as "betterment" may then be applied:(

Alfie

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Hi Rory,
I agree if £2k was the claim limit on my car I would'nt entertain such a policy:(, the claim limit on my Jaguar is £18,500 which they deem as current market value.:D

Alfie
Hi Alfie

We have single claim limits and a maximum claim limit for the life of the plan, which is the value of the car. The £2,000 you mention will be what we will pay up to on an individual repair claim, but you are covered up to the value of the vehicle for an unlimited amount of claims. Does this make sense?

Thanks
Warrantywise

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
But again your competitors do offer this. I have a 10 yr old SL with 60k on the clock... It will run for another 100k miles easily ... But as its 10 yrs you don't want to know ... So you take the view that you don't want to take anything at all risky ..explains why your premiums are so high when compared to others ... You are maximising your revenue with minimum risk .... Good business logic but it doesn't half discourage the guys here from going with you... Wonder how many here have warranties have them with you guys?
We understand your frustrations with this. We'd love to be able to cover all cars out there but as a company we have to have certain parameters to adhere to, as do all companies operating in our market.

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Just had a though, who actually regulates these organisations? as looking at the documentation it looks like their unregulated!

My advise is, get a quote from them, see what the monthly premium is and then start a savings account with a standing order going into it every pay day for the same. If your car never breaks hey you have money for a new car or anything you want, and if it does go wrong well it's gonna hurt handing the money over but not too much, and less than claiming and finding out your not covered for that type of fault/repair

ok rant over i'll be quiet again now :lol:
Hi Matt

This link will be useful for you - http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/about-us/how-we-operate/

To your second point - Putting money aside in to a 'pot' of your own does provide you with a fund to dip in to if your vehicle needs repair, no doubt. However, putting away the same amount as we would charge you monthly wouldn't cover you for a major repair. As you're probably aware, repair costs are becoming increasingly more expensive, strengthening the need for our existing and potential customers to take out new and additional cover with us.

We give the utmost peace of mind to our customers, who are safe in the knowledge that we are there for them if something goes wrong with their car.

Many Thanks
Rick

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom