Audio 20 not locking on to stations

Phil Croucher

Reaction score
Website
www.capt.gs
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 W203 17K miles!
Hi there - new member here with my first Merc - lovely but the radio finds it very hard to lock on to stations - I can just about get radio 2 if I stand one leg with my finger in my ear :)

Anyhow, reading around I can confirm that the doors unlock from at least 10 m away, although the boot needs the key to be nearby. Fuses are OK as far as I can tell. I would use one of those bluetooth thingys for the phone except that the radio won't lock on in the first place. Quite happy to get an Android unit or whatever, but when it works the radio is excellent so I would rather keep it. CD is fine.

Would appreciate any thoughts - BTW - there is no tinting on the rear window.

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C250D Coupe / Ex SL500 R230 - CLC V6 - Crossfire V6 - W203 C230k Coupe
Hi & welcome

With my audio 20 if im correct in remembering (CLK facelift / C w203 /CLC) I took the radio out and installed the AUX adaptor which allowed me to plug into that directly (also used the Bluetooth aftermarket £10 things and worked fine)

Your ariel may be damaged or wires pulling

See DIYs for removing dash trims or removing strereo / upgrading

Worth a check

use a cloth when laying the stereo down as it can scratch the dash trims

best of luck

hope this helps

OP
P

Phil Croucher

Reaction score
Website
www.capt.gs
Your Mercedes
Yes, it does -I didn't want to just replace the HU and then find I needed to change the amp anyway. But if I can fit an aux then I can use radioplayer on the iphone or at least fit a pure highway. If I find anything that will be useful to members I will post it - but it looks like the radio needs to come out. Believe me, I will be careful! How do I tell if it's facelift?

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C250D Coupe / Ex SL500 R230 - CLC V6 - Crossfire V6 - W203 C230k Coupe
Googles

w203radio.jpg
Facelift stereo (i think thats audio 20)

pull the stereo out its the only way - must be a connection - and you can buy the aux inpuit plug on ebay I bought a few before - will change your life (have to active the aux port though theres a proceedure to do it (not sure off top of my head )

OP
P

Phil Croucher

Reaction score
Website
www.capt.gs
Your Mercedes
Yes, that's the current plan! The one I have bought fits into the CD changer (I don't have one on this car). Then I will use the Pure Highway 600 through the aux. Don't know why I'm bothered - there's no radio worth listening to anyway :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom