Paddles, yes/no?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Not quite the same but .....
when towing back from North Wales last week, I changed down a gear on the flappy paddle when going up some of the hills before the gearbox did and a few times it would soon go back into auto. By pressing 'M', it stayed in the gear I wanted.
You have to select M for full manual control. Just using the paddles gives you temporary control and it reverts to full Auto after a set period if you haven’t touched the paddles again. I quite like this because I can override the box when I want to (for a fast overtake, for example) and then let full automatic resume.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
We use the paddles to downshift a little earlier than the gearbox would when towing. Can also be fun to select 1st at the traffic lights, rather than letting the box use 2nd as normal...

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Y ....
and it reverts to full Auto after a set period if you haven’t touched the paddles again. ...

mine seems to be a bit cleverer than using just time .... if I down shift to hold a speed down hill, it'll stay in the lower gear until the road levels out or you stop.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
mine seems to be a bit cleverer than using just time .... if I down shift to hold a speed down hill, it'll stay in the lower gear until the road levels out or you stop.
Oh yes, just checked my app manual
The temporary setting will remain active for a certain amount of time. In certain conditions, the minimum amount of time is extended, e.g. in the case of lateral acceleration, overrun mode or driving on steep terrain.

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
2012 E Coupe. Use paddles regularly. Up changes excellent. Changing down, horrendously slow to change.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I've had the 7g and 9g boxes with similar engi.

I've found the 9g to bemarkedly better than the 7g in all respects.
You have to select M for full manual control. Just using the paddles gives you temporary control and it reverts to full Auto after a set period if you haven’t touched the paddles again. I quite like this because I can override the box when I want to (for a fast overtake, for example) and then let full automatic resume.

Yep as I alluded to in post #38 - pretty sure mine is the same. The M button means M and it will not change out of the selected gear.
No, in M mode as well, if the gearbox decides you have to change up it has the final say - same on a downshift, if it doesn't think it wise it says "no"

I expect AMG versions to be different (although I've only drive then in auto)

My car......
Permanent setting

All vehicles (except Mercedes-AMG vehicles)
img1cf8b2ceaf00623135477e6859ca59ca_1_--_--_TIFF.jpg

nav_left.png

To activate: shift the selector lever to
mbsymb6_inv_0068.png
nav_left.png

Press button
mbsymb6_inv_003a.png
nav_left.png

To deactivate: press button
mbsymb6_inv_003a.png

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom