DPF Pressure Diff

Michael W E Pallett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C220 CDI 2013
Afternoon all,

I have a 2013 C220 CDI 2.1 estate. I have a code P246309 The soot content of the diesel particulate filter is not ok. There is a mechanical fault. But no engine management light (yet)

The car feels like it's in limp mode - little power in any gear from circa 2500RPM and won't pull past 3000RPM

The OBD scan on the DPF menu showed ash content of 1g, soot at 8g and fill level of 308% and pressure differential (B28/8) was 0.01 bar whilst idling at operating temp

I faffed around on the scanner for a few minutes and looked on the Test Values Whilst Driving in Full Load Mode and the B28/8 sensor showed 4.23 bar whilst idling at operating temp

Whilst I don't want to enter the realms of swapanostics would anyone advise against replacing the B28/8 based on the 2 different readings above (albeit they are on different menus and I have nbo idea if this is normal or not!)

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
The rule thumb seems to be replace that sensor and delete codes. Fit new sensor and adapt it using dpf section on scanner . It worked for me last week. My fill level is now 36%

OP
M

Michael W E Pallett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C220 CDI 2013
Thanks...I'll get a sensor ordered this week....what scanner did you use to adapt the codes? I have an iCarsoft CR Pro Universal and still getting to grips with navigation at the moment. I'm hoping this will be able to adapt the ECU to the new sensor??

OP
M

Michael W E Pallett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C220 CDI 2013
Steve, I take it the geometry hasn't been modified and existing pipes and wiring will be a direct fit? Can't say I'm enamored by forking out for a software update on a 7 year old car.....what are the chances of the dealer doing it FOC when I take it in for an airbag manufacturers recall?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Thanks...I'll get a sensor ordered this week....what scanner did you use to adapt the codes? I have an iCarsoft CR Pro Universal and still getting to grips with navigation at the moment. I'm hoping this will be able to adapt the ECU to the new sensor??

Icarsoft mb2 v2 . It did some kinda magic in its own way .

Bertlush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010 W204

Hi mate, just wondering if the iCarsoft CR Pro was able to reset the ECU for the new sensor? Thinking of buying one myself to do the same job.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom