Search results

1. M

Could anyone with access to EPC provide me with a part number please?

Yes, that of course is a consideration. Do you know if they do a while you wait type service? I imagine a shock change is not too lengthy a procedure. Convenience is why I've tended to use my local 2-4man operation as I can cycle/walk there and back (1 mile exactly) :-)
  2. M

thanks for your reply. My garage can do most things but apparently the r230 has a very short spring requiring a special compressor they don't have. My question re the jack method was so perhaps I could talk my garage into having a go without the special tool. On the other hand no doubt health...
  3. M

Hello all, 7th MOT in my ownership and my 2003 sl350 has had its' first failure notice for a leaking front shock, ( non hydraulic susp. model like most 350s). Bilstein ( who probably make them for mercedes) can be bought for almost half of what merc. grangemouth are quoting me. The site I...
  4. M

Parking sensors!! fixed but problems again

My R230Sl had the issue whereby both red bars on the display would light accompanied by the irritating Beeeeeep even when no where near any obstacles. Even if you turned the sensors off via the switch they would turn themselves back on at varying times along with the red bars and beep as before...
  5. M

How do I adjust my bonnet catches? R230 SL but I imagine other models are similar

Since buying my SL 350 2003 last year I on occasions got the "bonnet open" message in the dash. Lifting the bonnet and dropping from a good 18-24" seemed to do the trick, (but not always). At this time I could find no evidence that either of the catches had in fact come undone. I assumed it was...
  6. M

Excessive R230 SL road noise from rear - what's yours like??

Could the new rear shocks have been fitted incorrectly? ( To any who have driven, worked on or just know about r230 rear suspension partic. SL 350 ie non ABC modell) Hi to you all, Sorry about my long post. I'm generaly very pleased with the refinement of my 2003 350Sl 2003. I've only...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom