Search results

1. atlantimd

Brake pedal pulse abs buzz. W211

Eventually months later failed abs ring in Right rear so cheers Emilysdad Hope this helps others
  2. atlantimd

S211 220cdi Avantgarde front spring code help!

Just to close Replaced with Rok springs matched to previous p/n: MB replacement in 2016 perfect height. I intended to change shocks too but Monroe shocks clip groves and clip were in wrong position for adjustment so I will have to re visit and go with genuine MB
  3. atlantimd

Thanks good to know. I will make sure Avantgarde Auto. Don’t want it nose up
  4. atlantimd

Hi I snapped a front spring and due to time of the year I can’t get MB genuine until after Christmas. As I need the car I am going down the motor factors route. Can anyone advise what spring I should be going for I see auto doc lists Sachs green yellow(x3) or Blue white. I had these done in...
  5. atlantimd

S211 S212 dropping suspension issues advice

After many years of a dropping S211 near side rear suspension I have now solved the issue. https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/e220-estate-sls-the-drop.187831/page-3 My advice to anyone with this problem buy quality parts I used arnotts and it solved the problem. Aerosus that...
  6. atlantimd

E220 Estate SLS THE DROP

I have solved this issue after many years. A replacement of Arnotts solved the suspension car now sitting level for a few weeks now.
  7. atlantimd

R129 Air / Squeal noise above 60mph.

I checked to bottom of windscreen for de bonding and it’s ok. It’s a loud high pitched squeel
  8. atlantimd

R129 Air / Squeal noise above 60mph.

Hi I have a 1996 Sl320 put it on the road after 6 months off. There is a squeal from behind left hand side of the dash when going above 60mph. It is worse with the soft top down. I have checked under the cabin filter and nothing trapped flaps working ok. Any Ideas? Can't find the cause.
  9. atlantimd

R129 Transmission issues

No oil does not smell burnt. I will do as you suggest great info on that car and Y3/1Y2. I am going away working for a few weeks but I will get it on a lift and tackle it. Car has 120k and was looked after loads of History but unfortunately I haven’t used it much just keep fluids changed and...
  10. atlantimd

R129 Transmission issues

Hi thanks for reply Vin: WDB1290632F133489 I thought I had checked the fluid last summer and was ok? Obviously not!! The car has done little mileage since then. Now today level is below hot band on dip stick at over 80C. I think the fluid also looks burnt I have attached pictures just for...
  11. atlantimd

R129 Transmission issues

Hi all thanks for the reply. Yes it is a 1996 model 5 speed. It does have cable back to transmission and also seems to have the green and purple vacuum pipes running back to transmission. I have atf and filter change planned with pilot bush. I must say the thought of a k2 or K3 clutch pack...
  12. atlantimd

Pads are all the same brand and type
  13. atlantimd

Can these be cleaned pulling of disc and hub or replacement?
  14. atlantimd

R129 Transmission issues

Hi I have an Sl320 with 120k and good service history from MB dealers. The car is parked up a lot and used about 3 months a year. Last summer I noticed that driving slow the car would change to second but if left freewheeling engine Revs would not engage to move car unless given a good bit of...
  15. atlantimd

Hi just wondering has anyone come across this issue. The car has new pads rear and front are good and no warped discs. Intermittently while braking the pedal feels like the ABS is activating and the pedal occasionally pulses back against foot pressure. I car soft data shows wheel sensor data and...
  16. atlantimd

E220 CDI S211 Rear Suspension issue

Thanks for your reply. My S211 estate model is the self levelling suspension which has no valve block. I think valve block was Airmatic models.
  17. atlantimd

Is there an ECU controlling the rear airbags and does the height sensor have 2 sets of wires to control the air valves. I am thinking maybe change that rear height sensor just incase there is something giving wrong signals to release air pressure from the left airbag. It is just strange that...
  18. atlantimd

Hi Martin thanks for your reply. You were helping with this same car in 2021 https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/e220-estate-sls-the-drop.187831/ As mentioned before I inspected the Old air bags and the Aerosus units and there is no valve in them. These models have a electric...
  19. atlantimd

Thanks for the replies guys. I am not a fan of the Aerosus but in 2 sets it is alway the left rear. Both are the same part number so they could fit either side but my left side always drops. I was thinking of the cold spring mod but I would be afraid of handling after fitting. The fact my car is...
  20. atlantimd

I am not surprised I have no reply here. It seems to be a common issue with these cars and I don't think anyone has managed to get head around this. I am thinking or intercepting the wiring to each bag so I can deactivate and power going to the airbag valve during the night. maybe put in a...
Top Bottom