Search results

1. mike2909

ML 270CDI Starting and Running Poorly

As one of my pet hates is reading a thread that never gives the information if a problem is solved , I had better not do it myself. Before buying anything that would turn out unnecessary I went back to my garage on a day when I had finished early. His code reader gave the same fault codes so he...
  2. mike2909

Service was done at a garage I have used for years. Not a Merc indy but he and his father do hundreds of Sprinters and Vitos. Full service, oil, all 4 filters. Battery was replaced 11 months ago with a HD Yukon. Glow plug light functions as normal and does not come on once running. Turbo...
  3. mike2909

Hi , 2005 ML 270CDI. The vehicle has been fully serviced less than a month ago. It has always started at the first click of the key regardless of the weather. I noticed a couple of weeks back that is wasn't starting on first click but still started well. On Monday we had the first freeze and it...
  4. mike2909

Headlight Control Module

Do you have a link as I can’t find them?
  5. mike2909

Headlight Control Module

I have just googled them but they only show for the W164 not the W163 ML
  6. mike2909

Headlight Control Module

If I knew what the level rods were I would check them, Would you elaborate please?
  7. mike2909

Headlight Control Module

Pun accepted lol
  8. mike2909

Headlight Control Module

There is no levelling switch in the dash the xenon headlights are automatically adjusted.
  9. mike2909

Headlight Control Module

Could anyone tell me where the headlight control module is situated on a 2005 ML 270cdi? Are there additional sensors that could cause the lights to shine too high when driving and yet be perfectly ok when tested and adjusted when stationary. The car has xenon headlights and I am continually...
  10. mike2909

Egr valve connecting hose

The vehicle is a 2005 ML 279cdi . I am looking for a part number or name for the rubber pipe that connects to the front of the egr valve . I have been in the phone to Mercedes parts department and they have sent me a parts diagram but the hose is not on there. Could anyone identify the name for...
  11. mike2909

Auto transmission fluid top-up advice needed.

I just wanted to clarify for myself. Engine and gearbox up to normal running temperature, gearbox in neutral , and then check the level with the engine running? Is that the correct procedure?
  12. mike2909

Ml270 , 2003 , project

I used 1.8ltrs in the rear diff , filled until it started to flow over the fill hole. 1.1 ltrs was all that came out. Outside of the diff dry as a bone no leaks anywhere to be seen.
  13. mike2909

Ml270 , 2003 , project

I have an inside area where I can work but the diff oil I ordered didn't arrive so it will be Wednesday before that wee job gets done. I decided to follow the original posters lead and make a list of what to do lol. I live on the east coast so not had the worst of the storm.
  14. mike2909

Ml270 , 2003 , project

I changed the rear diff oil at the weekend and it took 1.8ltrs. Although only1.1ltrs came out and no leaks but it was absolutely gunge that came out. I am changing the front diff oil on Sunday so will let you know the capacity.
  15. mike2909

Ml270 , 2003 , project

So am I right in assuming you only removed the bulb not the whole headlight??
  16. mike2909

Ml270 , 2003 , project

Is the headlight an easy removal? My o/s headlight has moisture inside and I want to get it dried out and resealed. They are xenon headlights if that makes a difference.
  17. mike2909

Ml270 , 2003 , project

Once again I am late to the party. I have really enjoyed reading this thread and take my hat off to the mechanical knowledge you guys have. I love working and doing the basic maintenance on my cars and vans but have limits to what I will try, I bought my ML in Spalding and went down on the...
Top Bottom