Search results

1. M

Clay Mitt v. Clay Bar

Only recently I discovered how effective a clay bar was for removing bugs & general contamination from glass, especially windscreens.
  2. M

Mercedes-AMG C63 Black Series | Spotted

Apparently you can buy a little 'Black Series' badge that neatly fits around an AMG badge - looks great on any black Mercedes & additionally serves to annoy the AMG snobs.
  3. M

It's not just Mercedes...

Which is why I wish Lexus still did a SLK style hardtop convertible because I would dump my SLK in an instance. Coming from an Audi & a Honda both brands eclipse Mercedes in terms of quality & dealer service. Sadly many buy a Mercedes because of the badge, the likes of Honda being far too...
  4. M

Removing dealer stickers from the car...

Sorry but that sounds like total sales bullshit. Of course the dealer wants the stickers & logo number plates left on as they are a permanent 24/7/365 free advertisement. Come re-sale time there will be records as from whom the car was purchased so the argument is pathetic & I feel sorry for...
  5. M

Short number plates and private plate.

My number plate has the same amount & distribution of letters/numbers but the plate itself is slightly longer yet still shorter than standard. Few letters/numbers on a standard plate do get lost but you have to be very careful not to overdo the look. If it were possible I would have had your...
  6. M

BMWi8

I realise it's the Wirral & not Liverpool proper but are you on a gated estate otherwise I'd worry about theft or vandalism?
  7. M

Where am I ?

Was there earlier this month on QM2. Did you WALK up those 400+ steps or take the land-train?
  8. M

wheel cleaner suggestions

Steady on. There are those who have little choice to work in retail such as Poundland & may never be able to afford a car let alone a Mercedes. There but for fortune go you ( and I ). On a daily & hourly basis staff have to tolerate rude arrogant customers, the sort that look down their noses...
  9. M

Waterless wash and wax question

Maybe consider losing the black mounting plate after all why be a mobile advertisement for a car dealer unless of course you're been paid to do so? Lovely car. That red/black interior with what looks like gloss black highlights is a real class act.
  10. M

Cleaning and polishing in the summer

Fair enough. We all have differing standards & time available. As long as for you the result looks great that's good. That said in 50+ years of car ownership, be it my own car or that supplied by an employer, I have never been able to wash & polish a car properly to my (not always concours...
  11. M

Cleaning and polishing in the summer

When there was enough space I used one for displaying my car under in my classic car show/concours days. Kept the showers off, kept me & the car cool. Agree had to be careful in high winds.
  12. M

Boring exhaust

Advice was as suspected. Ta. Will wait until can change to a 6 or 8.
  13. M

Boring exhaust

Love my '12 250 1.8 SLK but for what is a sort of sports/tourer the exhaust sound is as boring as a dull saloon. Just fancy a little burble ( don't we all ? ). What do I do that has been proven but please don't suggest I contact a certain north London organisation that takes mega adverts. in...
  14. M

Mind their own business

Irrespective of whether the guy was jealous or just a tad unhinged he was looking for an argument so a smiley joshing response 'seeming' to agree with him might have deflated & confused him spoiling any chance of starting a row. If you had ****ed him off then at some time you may well find...
  15. M

Personal number plates

My understanding was that A1 was the first number plate ever issued & may not reside on a car in a museum somewhere. If not what WAS the first number plate issued - Google will tell me but you'll probably beat me to it!!!!
  16. M

How do you polish your car?

Keep grounded because 'paint correction' & 'detailing' has become a national job creation scheme. Lots of sudden experts, endless waxes, polishes, preparations & magical potions. In the last 8 years I've owned 3 black cars used daily & obtained a deep wet look finish simply by clay-baring &...
  17. M

Considering a Jag

The XF is a bulky inelegant thing. Even though it might fit on your drive whether it 'easily' fits on our predominantly narrow roads is another matter unless you roam motorways & dual-carriageways most times.
  18. M

The inappropriate badging thread

The best thing about these threads whatever car club forum on which they appear is reading the huffy puffy indignant judgemental responses. Gives me a laugh every time. Bit like dangling a bag of sweets in front of children & watching them all rush about trying to grab one. I have often...
  19. M

Removing dealer stickers from the car...

Most craft shops sell aerosol cans of 'sticky label remover' which do exactly as it says on the cans. Used these for years & nothing else needed. Works for exterior badges as well.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom