Search results

1. CowleyStJames

Glow plug fault, E350 saloon 2010

Read your fault codes, without doing this step it's purely guess work
  2. CowleyStJames

MOT Failure - 2010 E Class S212 with corroded subframe

I'm a Master Tech at a MB dealership and when doing a subframe replacement under MBUK authorisation we replace the brake lines FOC as in reality it costs us almost nothing in parts. We always have cupro nickel (Kunifer) piping on a large drum and male/female compression fittings are two a penny...
  3. CowleyStJames

Engine warning light ( diagnostics)

If you put in your location, someone with a better code reader may be able to help. I’m in North Wales if that helps you
  4. CowleyStJames

Engine oil capacity to max or min dipstick?

I vacuum pump the oil out and put in the same amount plus small amount for the filter. With my Sealey pump you can see how much oil has been extracted
  5. CowleyStJames

Low Coolant warning.

Inside at the sensor level that's looking totally normal to me.
  6. CowleyStJames

Has anyone used a iCarsoft MB V3.0 Pro Car Diagnostic? Are they any better that the i980?

Just literally bought an iCarsoft CR Max Pro to replace my iCarsoft MBII V2 as the wife now has a Audi instead of her E350 coupe. So needed the capability to read Audi codes. So far absolutely brilliant and has so much more capability than the MBII v2. Incidentally, if anyone wants to buy it...
  7. CowleyStJames

2017 E220d Saloon (W213) Ad Blue Issue?!

Take it out for a run, it'll reset. Failing that, the system needs a diagnostic
  8. CowleyStJames

OM651 injector positioning

I can remember on this forum somewhere that VW sealing washers are slightly thicker but can be used for better sealing. If that's happened with one injector it'd stand more proud
  9. CowleyStJames

Are E350 disks supposed to have these lines on them?

Mine are similar, so I guess it's normal
  10. CowleyStJames

OM651 injector positioning

New injectors should be coded using the MB Star system to maximise fuel economy and smooth running. It would be best to find a indie with Star or Delphi that can code the new ones or dealer if there is no shop near you that has the MB Star system. Also reset adaptations.
  11. CowleyStJames

Loss of power

Depends what it's been scanned with. Some pro scanners pick up more than a Halfords or the ilk generic ones are next to useless
  12. CowleyStJames

Loss of power

Stop guessing people, it doesn't work. Read fault codes and take it from there. Otherwise you can throw thousands at these cars without fixing the issue.
  13. CowleyStJames

W212 E220 DPF P244A7A and P244A00 Problems

When my differential sensor was changed they had to manually start a regen cycle of the dpf. Only after this did the fault code clear
  14. CowleyStJames

Snapped Front Wheel Liner / Flap - help!

Have you costed a replacement from MB? Not everything is uber expensive
  15. CowleyStJames

Tow Bar!!

Both of our fitments needed coding which was done by Witter
  16. CowleyStJames

Tow Bar!!

Witter fitted our Westphalia detachable towbar to our 2020 S213 E250d despite the dealer saying it'd invalidate our warranty. However, MB honoured the warranty when we had problems with the ADBlue tank, didn't question it at all. Talking to the service manager, he thought that the salesman was...
  17. CowleyStJames

Heated seat not working?

First step would be a diagnostic test for fault codes. Could be a heater element, relay, fuse, Sam module or just a connection in the circuit. What model and year would help [emoji106]
  18. CowleyStJames

Loud ticking / tapping noise once engine is turned off

The only time I've heard mine ticking the way you describe, is when the DPF is going thru a regen and I've parked up and turned engine off. The regen causes a huge rise in exhaust temperature and the ticking is it cooling down
  19. CowleyStJames

DAB+

You can upgrade DAB receivers to DAB+ via a firmware upgrade. The new version came out in 2009 so you may be able to get yours upgraded. Ask dealer if a firmware upgrade is available
  20. CowleyStJames

E250 temp.......... head scratcher

I would guess air block. Bleed again, You Tube bleeding procedure to do it correctly

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom