Search results

1. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Thanks :) I have been looking at remaps once this job is done, then bushes will need doing. I love the car but I think its going cost me a fortune haha
  2. M

C Class engine failure help please

This is appalling, seems to me there is little recourse here. Yet again companies putting profit before customers. Have you tried reaching out to MB Germany? Maybe they can help?
  3. M

ML270 Loss of Power

I have seen they aren’t too expensive. So was planning on tackling the job my self. I’m resigned to the fact that I’m going to working on the ML until I basically completely rebuilt it ;)
  4. M

ML270 Loss of Power

I’ve not taken her out for a proper run yet but i suspect there is a boost leak some where on the inlet manifold. I know getting it into an Indy and scanned is the right thing to do but my mind doesn’t work like that so I would rather do the old fashioned albeit possible expensive way. To be...
  5. M

Looking for a new car

Chap I know bought a Golf R replica and looked amazing, the previous owner had spent a fortune getting the 1.6 diesel engine modified as well. 2 weeks later on a M42 run the engine blew up and effectively wrote the car off. Save your money buy something that you will get value for money for...
  6. M

ML270 Loss of Power

My biggest problem is having the equipment to do the job, as most of it is fairly expensive. Ball joints, bearings, bushings etc whilst technically fairly simple to replace its having car lifts, extractor tools, ecu readers to very expensive and I think like yourself and very particular when it...
  7. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Hi to all reading, So I haven’t posted in a few days as I’ve been away with work. So before I went away I got the multi meter on it and alternator not kicking out any charge. Tested a few other things as I thought it maybe the Earth or fuse box but was 90% sure it was an alternator fault...
  8. M

ML270 Loss of Power

I agree they seem to be the last thing anything thinks of. That being said it may not be the battery, could be a wet alternator. I did notice in the battery box the main pos cable that I believe feeds to the alternator looks like it has some damage which I didn’t notice before. My main feeling...
  9. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Well happy days I’m stuck about 3 miles from home waiting to be rescued. Diagnosis = dead battery, lights up but no turn over. Looks like it’s being abandoned for the night :)
  10. M

Ml270 egr and intermittent turbo drop out

Hi Matt, Having similar issues to yourself. Losing boost and have worked out it isn’t the turbo. Taken the egr off and cleaned it out as best I could and fixed a hole in the intake manifold so as others have said I will be taken mine to be scanned and hopefully getting a clearer picture.
  11. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Thanks for the steer, there is one in Tamworth so will call them tomorrow and arrange a visit :) fingers crossed I won’t be single afterwards :)
  12. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Yeah I agree, have to bite the bullet and take it to my local MB service centre in the week. Oh how I’m looking forward to that :)
  13. M

ML270 Loss of Power

So I have “fixed” the blow but alas still losing boost. I think getting it scanned is the best option now as i have exhausted my limited knowledge
  14. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Just a picture of the offending part
  15. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Just to add, when we had the pipe of past the intercooler we were still getting loads of smoke. Could this be the breather pipe filter on the turbo side being blocked? Cheers Martin
  16. M

ML270 Loss of Power

So this afternoon after myself and friend decided to check the egr, turbo etc. So we discovered that the turbo was producing boost by disconnecting it to the intercooler and had boost. Next we tested to past the intercooler to the egr and again got boost. So we noticed that the egr was caked...
  17. M

Hello

Thanks all :)
  18. M

ML270 Loss of Power

I think my gut is telling me its boost issue but then I have been wrong about a lot of things. As I said I think the black smoke is showing over fuelling. I think I will have to find a independent this weekend and see.
  19. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Hi, Not sure if it was star however he did assure me it was a top of the range scanner.
  20. M

ML270 Loss of Power

Hi All, New to the forum and MB. So I have be surfing the internet and this loss of power with the ML270 05 seems to be a common issue and seems an fairly easy issue to rectify from my reading. However I though I would ask for advice on the problem in case I miss something and a few more...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom