sl280

1. Hans Solo5

Mercedes SL280 R129 Intermittent starting issue

Had a auto electrician look at my Mercedes today, Intermittent starting issue , assumed it was the Immobiliser which has only one key and was fitted by Main Dealer in 1997, alas that checked out all ok. We discovered that it was the key barrel , checked all terminals for loose connections and...
  2. Hans Solo5

Mercedes SL280 1997 R129

Had a auto electrician look at my Mercedes today, Intermittent starting issue , assumed it was the Immobiliser which has only one key and was fitted by Main Dealer in 1997, alas that checked out all ok. We discovered that it was the key barrel , checked all terminals for loose connections and...
  3. Hans Solo5

Mercedes SL 280 R129 1997 Model

Hi Im looking for a replacement front wing for my Sl 280 1997, I don't mind painting one to match the Brilliant Silver (744) panel, my body shop suggested to replace rather than try and cut out rust from the wing. I've found one from a 199 SL 500 and was wondering if the panel changed any with...
  4. Hans Solo5

Mercedes SL280 R129 1997

My Mercedes is suffering from the off-side front wing rust issue, it has been repaired before but I was just looking at the possibility of a new front wing ? is that still possible ? are there any fabricators making patten parts . The rust is mainly by the arch extending to the light section...
  5. Hans Solo5

Mercedes SL280 R129 Battery Replacement

Hi Has anybody got any experience of changing the battery in the R129 SL 280, very large oblong type battery which holds its charge but for precaution Im topping her up via trickle charge (CTEX MXS) every 2 weeks which works fine. Im having the intermittent fault in starting the old girl where...
  6. Hans Solo5

280 SL 1997 North Devon New Memeber

Hello This is my third Mercedes but my first SL, I picked up a one owner SL280 1997 with FMBSH and only 52,000 miles on the clock in great condition. Over the next few months I will be looking to change the tyres to a better grade and possibly uprated pads and discs as Im driving her to...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom