€£400K Brabus CLS 6.3 SV12-R BI TURBO when new.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
And it's a V12 - the closest thing to an electric motor for refinement.
It would be interesting ringing up direct line for a quote though!

HOw exactly can a copper do someone for accelerating too quickly? There is nothing I am aware of in the highway code that prohibits that. A pull and a warning shot maybe but 3 points..? Sounds as dodgy as that one where a copper said they 'thought' someone was speeding. No law or regulation proved to be broken, no conviction..unless you admit it as many law abiding citizens do when faced with such an accusation.
I made it very clear (politely) to the muppet that pulled me for 'road rage' (it wasn't even close to road grumpy, despite her repeated attempts, over several miles, to wind me up) that I strongly didn't agree with her view, and, knowing she was on dodgy ground, she made a BS excuse for not issuing a ticket and let me go.

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Really harsh acceleration could be used to argue careless or wreckless driving, particularly if the wheels start to spin.

reckless at a push, but if you booted it to the legal speed limit and didn't exceed that I would still argue that no law has been broken. The only possible case might be persistent wheelspin meaning the car wasn't under full control but even then... you'd have to be really silly with it.
I was stuck behind a marked police BMW on a dual carriageway last week, crawling along at an annoying 37-38 in a 40 and taking an age to get there, with everyone sat bunched up behind him. So I set the speed limiter to 40 and caught him up in the outside lane. Got along side at a roundabout, and briskly accelerated away as we exited .
At no point did I break any laws or regulations so I wasn't concerned about being stopped. After another couple of miles he was way behind me, with everyone still sat behind him like good little boys and girls - or as I call then sheep.

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
.[/QUOTE] After another couple of miles he was way behind me, with everyone still sat behind him like good little boys and girls - or as I call then sheep.

Honestly, that could be annoying! But i wouldn't lie, i'll rather queue in the back than lose 3 points :mad:

Jabe_(2)

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Soon to be W140
Why does the styling grossly remind me of a Nissan 350z?

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
After another couple of miles he was way behind me, with everyone still sat behind him like good little boys and girls - or as I call then sheep.

Honestly, that could be annoying! But i wouldn't lie, i'll rather queue in the back than lose 3 points :mad:

Thats the joy of a speed limiter No points possible :)
To be honest, unless the copper is a real ar*e he's probably quite happy for me to pass.
I see it a lot on motorways. Everyone sees a police car (or worse - a traffic womble) and slows down behind them. I set the limiter to 75 and cruise past every time. Never had a pull yet. I'm pretty sure the copper would rather you passed them at 71 than bunched up behind in the dangerous fashion most people seem to adopt.

Retired

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL 420CDI
I see it a lot on motorways. Everyone sees a police car (or worse - a traffic womble) and slows down behind them. I set the limiter to 75 and cruise past every time. Never had a pull yet. I'm pretty sure the copper would rather you passed them at 71 than bunched up behind in the dangerous fashion most people seem to adopt.

If that's what they think they could just drive at 55 and then people would pass without any worries.

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Heh, thats a lot of money.
I saw the one in the showroom at Reading. Cant remember what that one was called, its a Brabus CLS though and i think it was a V12. It was the chairman of the dealers apparently and was £180K when it was new.

I'd like to see the original invoice for £400k...me thinks it would be circa £180K, however can anyone verify what the list price on this machine was?

By the way i do thinks its well worth £80K if all checks out...

AdamRT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL 55 AMG
It's a bit of a hairdressers car 0 - 60 is 6.1 seconds I mean how slow is that

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's a bit of a hairdressers car 0 - 60 is 6.1 seconds I mean how slow is that

Come to think of it, you 're right. I think the performance of the car is that of a 500 engine. Only 306 Bhp according to performance while the description is reading 750 Bhp :rolleyes:!

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
Come to think of it, you 're right. I think the performance of the car is that of a 500 engine. Only 306 Bhp according to performance while the description is reading 750 Bhp :rolleyes:!

The figures quoted are for a 500, probably what the car is based on before Brabus got hold of it.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom