£49/£99 Service A/B ??????

putney66

Reaction score
http://www.m-only.co.uk/ -

Hi All, I have the dreaded Service B Light on the dash and was wondering if anyone has ventured to these chaps over in Hanwell? I have a CLK 270 (2003)

Thanks for any constructive feedback

Putney
:cool:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I note those prices exclude parts and VAT :rolleyes: Talk about misleading pricing!

Isn't against advertising guidelines to show ex-VAT pricing to consumers?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
its hard these days with competition but I'm always irritated by people who are pretending to be something they're not. These guys are trying to look like a professional, modern slick garage. What I get from the mistakes and misrepresentation on their web site is a typical back street garage.
Nothing wrong with that but the mindset that pretends to be something you're not, always concerns me.

As Rory says, the price quoted as completely unrelated to the price you will pay. A dealer running a 3 year and older deal will ony charge you around £150 for an A service. An A service is little more than an oil change after all. So add in VAT and the cost of fully synth oil to their £49 and you aren't that far off what a dealer would charge you. I don't know whether I'd call them dishonest but they are certainly misleading.

By the way, if you do go, you might like to point out that there is no such thing as a 'vision statement' - the term is 'mission statement', and never "Locations' when there is only one location. They might to get someone with a little education to look over their web site!

tromppost

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s320
its hard these days with competition but I'm always irritated by people who are pretending to be something they're not. These guys are trying to look like a professional, modern slick garage. What I get from the mistakes and misrepresentation on their web site is a typical back street garage.
Nothing wrong with that but the mindset that pretends to be something you're not, always concerns me.

As Rory says, the price quoted as completely unrelated to the price you will pay. A dealer running a 3 year and older deal will ony charge you around £150 for an A service. An A service is little more than an oil change after all. So add in VAT and the cost of fully synth oil to their £49 and you aren't that far off what a dealer would charge you. I don't know whether I'd call them dishonest but they are certainly misleading.

By the way, if you do go, you might like to point out that there is no such thing as a 'vision statement' - the term is 'mission statement', and never "Locations' when there is only one location. They might to get someone with a little education to look over their web site!

I agree except for the bit about education, I have a education a poor one at that and my spelling so bad that I spend most of the trying to reword sentences around my spelling. But you right it's not a good start to get your custom.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I agree except for the bit about education, I have a education a poor one at that and my spelling so bad that I spend most of the trying to reword sentences around my spelling. But you right it's not a good start to get your custom.

Some of the most intelligent people I know can't spell for toffee and some of the wordiest people I know are as thick as ..... it proves nothing.

I remember my first week at Uni. I'd gone at the age of 22 as I wasn't smart enough (or too lazy) to go straight from school. I sat there, totally intimidated by all these intelligent people I was supposed to keep up with. After a few weeks it dawned that they used a lot of big words but didn't understand very much. In fact a lot of the people I'd worked with in factories and warehouses were equal if not smarter - they just know it or have the opportunity.

As has been said many times, you play to your strengths and shore up your weaknesses. When I do something I'm not good at I call someone in who is, to look it over and put me straight. There is a certain type of person however who is arrogant and careles, thinks they are clever but in reality are too daft to see they're making a fool of themselves. You know the type. Always using big words incorrectly and bragging how well they're doing (normally to someone who could buy and sell them but doesn't feel the need to shout about it). The site just reminded me a little of that. Possibly unfairly.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Some of the most intelligent people I know can't spell for toffee and some of the wordiest people I know are as thick as ..... it proves nothing.

I remember my first week at Uni. I'd gone at the age of 22 as I wasn't smart enough (or too lazy) to go straight from school. I sat there, totally intimidated by all these intelligent people I was supposed to keep up with. After a few weeks it dawned that they used a lot of big words but didn't understand very much. In fact a lot of the people I'd worked with in factories and warehouses were equal if not smarter - they just know it or have the opportunity.

As has been said many times, you play to your strengths and shore up your weaknesses. When I do something I'm not good at I call someone in who is, to look it over and put me straight. There is a certain type of person however who is arrogant and careles, thinks they are clever but in reality are too daft to see they're making a fool of themselves. You know the type. Always using big words incorrectly and bragging how well they're doing (normally to someone who could buy and sell them but doesn't feel the need to shout about it). The site just reminded me a little of that. Possibly unfairly.

The words of wisdom, you cant buy it and you cannot be taught it. Thank you again Jberks for the excellent answer as always:D:D

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition

Well said, jberks

It is better to ask, and be a fool for 5 minutes, than not ask, and be a fool forever!

There's one atribute that can't be taught - common sense!

OP
P

putney66

Reaction score
Thanks to all, I recently lost my job and was hoping to save a few quid, guess my best option is to go to the dealers, unless you guys can recommend an independent near Wandsworth?

DMT60

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S600L 2011 silver
I've used james leigh in merton for some work on my old e class,did a great job and a good price.Tel 0208 542 3366

OP
P

putney66

Reaction score
Thanks DMT60, will give them a bell

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom