107 Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWB!

Reaction score
I recently bought an '87 SL 420 which so far so good is spot on (many thanks Charles Ironside).

Apologies for the mundane message but...

I am looking to buy a good tailored outdoor cover and over mats can anyone advise as to a good supplier/s?

Many thanks

DWB!

OP
D

DWB!

Reaction score
107 (Winter) Accesories

Malcolm,

Many thanks for your message, and apol's for my tardy reply.

With the summer I made do with a shower/dust cover I got with the car. During which time I also took the SL down to the South of France - 2000 miles of roof-off motoring. The car was spot on, not one problem; solid & more than happy to eat up the miles.

Anyway back to the UK and as it's looking like the summer is over; it's back to the cover too!

I have followed the links and have jotted some thoughts below;

Classic Additions 'breathabilty' is via 'ventilation' - I take it the material is not breathable, thus their cover is considerably cheaper.

This leaves Covercraft and Thorough Bred Covers - TBC's top product seems to be the Evolution 4 option, whereas Covercraft has 3 products WeatherSheild, Noah and Technalon II (another Evo 4 product).

The impression I get from Covercrafts' marketing people / website is that their products are made by wizards, and would no doubt not only protect my car through even the heaviest of nuclear fallout but also protect the car from rain, sap. squirrel sewage & other random detritus we have to put up with in North London.

Do you, or anyone else use any of these / have any thoughts / suggestions / recommendations ; you know the saying - if its too good to be true, it probably isnt ... but if it is I want to be let in on the secret...

Cheers,

DWB!

OP
D

DWB!

Reaction score
107 (Winter) Accesories

Covercraft score an early goal in that case!

DWB!

OP
D

DWB!

Reaction score
107 Cover

Update...

Used the Covercraft cover this winter and am very pleased with it.

The car has remained bone dry throughout with no 'sticking' to the paint work or similar problems.

The only problem is putting the cover when it's wet - don't bother, when you take it off you get a full-on Changing Rooms rag rolled effect. Not good.

Next is spring/summer, so I'll give a sap & squirrel sh!t report later in the year.

Cheers

DWB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom