107 handbrake.

JDH21

Reaction score
I live in the Napa Valley in the U.S. and would dearly love to convert my 1975
280SL to a center mounted handbrake (we get foot brakes) Does any one have a source, auto wrecker etc: were I could get all the pieces I need?
Or does anyone on this site have what I need for sale? Thanks for your help.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
98% of the cars(MB) use a foot parking brake too. I think you will have to use non MB bits and pieces.

Malcolm

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
And do a lot of mods.

seems very time consuming

mlc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 S320, 2003 SLK230, 1972 350SL
I think a European (or at least UK) model would be centre mounted, however why would you want to change the car even if possible? No one uses either version anyway.

OP
J

JDH21

Reaction score
If you had to stop at a traffic light on a 30deg. hill in San Francisco, in a car with a manual transmission, and some moron in an SUV stopped behind you whose bumper was 2 inches from your trunk, you too would be converted. That nightmare of left foot on the clutch, right heel on the brake, right toe on the gas, pull the nob to release the parking brake and pray, gets real old, real fast. My owners manual, which was printed for the English market (refers to bonnet and tyres etc.) and covers the 280, 350 and 450, shows right hand drive vehicles equipped with center mounted handbrakes. I assumed most 107's in England had them. My mistake. The Russian site I rely on for MBz part #'s shows all the pieces for the handbrake. Guess I could try a Dealer. Thanks to all for responding.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
JDH21 said:
If you had to stop at a traffic light on a 30deg. hill in San Francisco, in a car with a manual transmission, and some moron in an SUV stopped behind you whose bumper was 2 inches from your trunk, you too would be converted. That nightmare of left foot on the clutch, right heel on the brake, right toe on the gas, pull the nob to release the parking brake and pray, gets real old, real fast. My owners manual, which was printed for the English market (refers to bonnet and tyres etc.) and covers the 280, 350 and 450, shows right hand drive vehicles equipped with center mounted handbrakes. I assumed most 107's in England had them. My mistake. The Russian site I rely on for MBz part #'s shows all the pieces for the handbrake. Guess I could try a Dealer. Thanks to all for responding.
The russian site gives all of the part numbers, you can order them grom the US. or do you want secondhand parts from a breaker.

Malcolm

G MAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
380 slc 1981
Try this guy , Julian, he is very knowledgeable & helpful & should have all the answers.(Added to which he is Australian & will have come across this RHD brake issue many times)
www.mercedesparts.co.uk

OP
J

JDH21

Reaction score
I was hoping for a lead to a wrecker to get all the parts at once. Their isn't much to wear out. Factoring in the difference between the Euro, Dollar and shipping, new could get real expensive. I'll probably end up modifying something else but thought it was worth a try. Thanks again.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom