107-model SL - Centre armrest - Is there any such thing for

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
www.******************.co.uk
I've seen pictures of 107 interiors showing front centre armrests, and the part is shown in the catalogue on the US Star Quality Parts website (www.starqualityparts.com). However, these were all LHD models, presumably with a US-style parking brake.

Does such a part exist for UK models? Presumably the hadbrake lever would get in the way if attempting to fit the type I've seen.

OP
M

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
107-model SL - Centre armrest

Thanks, Andy

I spoke to my local MB dealer, who couldn't find a part number; he called MB UK who coudn't find it either. They could find one for a similar period SE which might have fitted, but I don't want to (a) cobble it together, (b) add non-authentic parts or (c) spend the money on the off chance of it fitting.

I think I'll let this one pass - although I would really like an armrest, so if you have any further thoughts...

neek

Reaction score
Centre Armrest SL 107

Hi there,
I too saw one of these and thought I must have one... I even got my brother who lives in Switzerland to go to a scrap dealer to try and get one, but it did not fit - I think it was from a different model, not an sl. At £8 it was worth a try.

I have a 1986 SL500 and apparently if you get the armrest from a left hand drive european model then it will attatch to the pasenger side, the only down side being if the seat rake is changed on the passenger side then this will change the arm rest for the driver.

I have seen one at silverarrows in Putney, London on a cream sl, and they reckoned that they could get hold of them. The Merc dealer here (New Malden) could also get them, but at a cost of about £200 plus fitting.... at this point I gave up, save for the second hand one via Switzerland, but it may help you! If your German is good, you might get one via a scrap dealer in Germany.

Regards,

Nick Catcheside

OP
M

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
Thanks for that, Nick. I'd almost forgotten about this. I'll see what I can track down in Germany. The ones I had seen pix of were not attached to the seat, but part of the centre console. However, I am familiar with the passenger-seat type - I have one on the SE.

Reaction score
107 Arm rest - Did you have any luck

This correspondence is over 2years old now- does any one know whether it is now possible to get one fitted?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom